Votes: 5 6.3%
  • no i dont smoke and think smoking is annoying

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • no i dont smoke but i dont care if others smoke

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • i use to smoke but i quit

Votes: 12 15.2%

• Total voters
i don't smoke cigarrettes... hookah isn't bad... and i'll smoke weed, but not a whole lot. never tried a cigar.

i smoke cigarettes and cigars. i don't really see a problem with it. but i do have respect and don't do it around my friends who don't smoke.

i can't smoke because when i try, a lot of the smoke goes into my stomach, my doctor told me that it's a safety mechanism that prevents me from getting enough in my lungs to get addicted

i really don't give a rat's ass if other people smoke because almost every single person that i've ever met started smoking at 14-16

Cigars can lead to other forms of cancer eventually, esophagal and mouth related, generally, and on rare occasions lung cancer (as you inevitably inhale a bit of smoke here and there). The liklihood is much reduced however, and a number of scientists believe that the aging processes reduce the number of carcenogenic chemicals compared to those uses in cigarettes. Cigars are effectively more organically produced than cigarettes with rare exceptions.

last summer in romania i was in the range of a pack and a half a day. it helps me keep my calm and gives much more balls and not carying about fucking up or anything like that. didn't smoke since september (ciggarrettes)

Fags are for fags.

Seriously though, I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life, and I plan to keep it that way. I see no benefit whatsoever.

A lot of my good friends smoke, as does one of my ex-boyfriends, and it's really a pain in the ass to deal with people who constantly need to stop what we're doing so that they can go outside and have a smoke.

I smoked for 13+ years, then quit cold turkey. I have not had a single cig in 15 years and plan to keep it that way till I leave this world.

I do however, still smoke a cigar while golfing or playing poker. Some things just require a cigar.

What I do wish, is that every state in the country would enact a non-smoking law in resturants. There is nothing more disgusting than trying to eat a good meal and having some dickhead light up next to you.

On the same token, if you want to smoke, more power to you, but you should do it outdoors and not bitch if someone complains if it is indoors and they have no recourse to avoid it.

I tried a menthol once and have never touched let alone put a cigarette in my mouth since. I still smoke weed though.

My wife was a smoker when I got with her and I was upfront and honest with her. "You taste like an ashtray." She hated that I hated her smoking and quit in December, 5 months after we got together.

Well, I actually started smoking about 2 months ago. First year in college has not been well to me...shitty grades, friends dying, grandparents diagnosed with lung cancer (go figure), etc. I mostly do it socially and it keeps me calm when bad shit like that happens. I'm not the addictive personality though...I'll quit sooner or later

Cigarettes save your life in wartime. They're your only friend and your only solace when everything is blowing up around you. They really do calm you down if you're in an extremely bad situation. I was only a casual smoker until the war started.

You'll take whatever feeling of peacefulness you can when you're in a shitty situation.

I don't know if Karen has ever been in combat, but serving with the Israeli military is no easy feat, and I'm sure she can relate to the whole cigarette/military thing, even if she has since quit.

I smoked on and off for a long time.
When I got engaged to my wife (she smoked too) we both quit.
we got hypnotized and I've never looked back since.
Now I'm almost allergic to the smell of smoke it makes me sick, but I would never give anyone
shit for smoking, I used to really like it (until I just had enough)
it's been 7 years since I've smoked anything. :kickass:
Now I'm getting ready to run a 1/2 marathon in May with my wife.
It's a nasty habit (it killed my father) but I still can't give people shit about it, I would feel like a major hypocrite, I know how tough it can be to quit.

sorry to post in an old thread but some guy was smoking today near me and it made all my clothes smell like smoke and i had to go home and take a shower after i already took a shower and changed clothes like 4 hours before that! :erk:

i dont mind if people smoke but i hate when it makes my clothes smell!

The smell wears off.
It might not have even been the clothes that smelled. The scent was probably still fresh in your nostrils