What do you think of the covers?

GONE Ridin' Hood

Professor.
Jul 8, 2005
So, what do you think of the covers "Black Funeral" and "Emerald"? I really like both a lot.

Black Funeral really has its King Diamond :headbang: feel in it. And Emerald is a great "moody" song.

One ? that may seem stupid, but still: Emeral is a cover from what?

And another one: How come my thread of "Please Come to..." was closed?!?

Black Funeral, is that an King Diamond-song? Thougt it was a Mercyful Fate-song, otherwise, they have covered it too. But it aint as heavy as Dragonlords, couse their version fuckin rocks!! :hotjump:

ms. anthrope said:
you are kidding, right? thin lizzy fricken rules!

Thin Lizzy info

they have had some of the best guitarists!!! gary moore, john sykes...

Nope I didn't know :p , but thanx a lot for the info :) . I'm going to get some Thin Lizzy albums now :) .

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
So, what do you think of the covers "Black Funeral" and "Emerald"? I really like both a lot.

Black Funeral really has its King Diamond :headbang: feel in it. And Emerald is a great "moody" song.

i liked Ancient's cover of Black Funeral better (it's on the Mad Grandoise Bloodfiends CD) and i like the emerald song. though i'm not a big fan of cover songs. they're not bad, though.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:

Emerald was a particularly fine cut from Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak - which, if you'll pardon my saying so, is a record that deserves to be in every discerning metal heads collection as much as Master of Puppets, Back in Black, and Necroticism.

Black Funeral was indeed by the awesome Mercyful Fate - it has (best) been covered imo by Usurper.

Carcassian said:
Emerald was a particularly fine cut from Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak - which, if you'll pardon my saying so, is a record that deserves to be in every discerning metal heads collection as much as Master of Puppets, Back in Black, and Necroticism.

Black Funeral was indeed by the awesome Mercyful Fate - it has (best) been covered imo by Usurper.

Agreed 100% Carcassian...Jailbreak is an absolute must for any metal heads collection...it's in my top 50 of all time for sure...if not higher.:headbang: