What do you tune your strings too

Samson

I light fires.
Jul 14, 2005
Long Island
I go by A Dsp A Dsp A

on my bass thats a step down on the 5'th string and step up on the 1'st followed by halves onthe 4'th and 2'nd. The third I just leave at A.

I tune to A# at the moment. I just love the sound of those low tunings, just makes everything sound dark IMO.

in my old band we had i think the guitars in drop D# but the bass (that i had to play) was a right fucked up tuning, second string would be 7 semitones higher than the first rather than the normal five. The rest is normal.

C#, G#(instead of F#), C#, F#, B.

I think if we didnt have the bass tuning like this the bass part would be impossible otherwise.

Standard. I'm hoping that whenever I get a new guitar I'll get a seven string so I can make use of some lower notes without sacrificing the standard tuning.

I have three six string lead/rythym I play in standard. I am looking at buying one to three more guitars for alternate tuning. One guitar I am looking at is the Schecter Hellcat VI, which is a B to B tuned guitar, straight out of the box. I may get a seven string for some lower sounds. I will probably have one guitar set up specifically for Eb. I have a 4 string bass I am playing in standard tuning, but will definitely be getting a 5 stringer.

I have 4 guitars, one tuned in E standard, one in Eb, one in D, and one is a 7 string(E standard with an extra low B)

Standard - B-E-A-D-G

It just gets confusing with weird tunings. The only reason I might have to alter my tunings is perhaps to get lower notes, but since I switched to 5 string, that's no longer a problem as it was before