What do you Use Your Setup For?

What Do you Use your Studio/Setup/Skills for?

• Hobbyist / Home Recorder / Musician First

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Home Studio with Occasional Clients and other employment

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Project or Home Studio with Regular Projects and Clients with Other Employment

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Project or Home Studio with Regular Projects and Clients operating as primary occupation

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Large / Commercial Studio Owner Primary Occupation, Regular to Constant Projects

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Freelance Producing/Engineering

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other Audio Profession

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Dumb question. What is freelance producing/engineering?
'

An example of freelance engineering is when a client will hire a studio space and then hire a seperate engineer. A freelance engineer Doesnt work from the same studio all the time or is employed, or owns a studio. My understanding of most of the Major label productions use their freelancer of choice.

Most producers work Freelance, pretty much all the time if they are not engineering.

lol, anyone care to help me explain this better?????? hahaha :erk:

Composer first, but I've started recording bands/artists and really enjoyed it. Dream job would be like 70% composing, 30% audio engineering. It's always changing though, I've been composing for 3 years but I've only started to record/mix since a cupple of moths, so I still have a hard time mixing compared to compose where everything goes smoothly.

you should have included beating off! the sneap forum secret weapon is a fleshlight lol

seriously, I am more into the enjoyment side of things nowadays. I do have some paying clients. But I`m still learning!

most of you know that i have a studio... but i primarily consider myself a freelance producer/engineer/mixer ... that's my business. i'm not in the studio business. my place is for me to be able to work in my own environment and to be my own boss regarding studio time... and to offer my clients added value. i do not advertise or solicit business based on my studio space.

i travel a lot for work and thus i often work outside of my own space. for instance right now i'm sitting in lovely Valencia California... enjoying a cool breeze and waiting for the guitarist to finish his smoke so we can get back to guitar overdubs. this album will come out on Nuclear Blast later this year, btw.... World Under Blood!