What does Kalmah mean anyway

In current day Finnish I think it means "death", but in Karelian (the original intent of the name) it means "To the grave"

drkluscious said:
In current day Finnish I think it means "death", but in Karelian (the original intent of the name) it means "To the grave"

Kalmah doenst mean anything in Finnish. Kalma means death, but even it's not a word used anymore, mostly lives only through few old proverbs. Kalma is also some old god as stated.

hidious said:
Aren't you the wuss who doesn't like death metal vocals because its too...harsh? :lol:

arnt u the guy that likes penis up his butt? :lol:

sorry theres more to metal than "die die die die etc" also its good but trivium kalmah and bodom are the only bands that scream that i can stand listening to.

cold, gloomy?
Kalmah means the best finnish metal (melodic/death .. w/e you wanna name it!) band .. period
If you wanna know what it really means then try asking one of the band members! simple isn't?

Originally posted by They_Will_Return
sorry theres more to metal than "die die die die etc" also its good but trivium kalmah and bodom are the only bands that scream that i can stand listening to.

Oh my god, please remove the pussy from your face. Kalmah and CoB are melodic DEATH metal bands, they sing about DEATH. The best way to sing about DEATH is to growl that shit! Trivium are just a bunch of shitty commercial japanese hamster lookalikes who think they're metal but are actually just emo fags.

average stalker said:
:lol: trivium bashing never gets old

lol... trivium is good. But all im sayin is that they have not personally expirenced death. So y write on something. its stupid. To be able to understand them helps me alot. i dont know about u but i'd rather have someone who acually has a good voice. I bet u are some long haired fag, black finger nails, black hair, black lipstick that listens all to death metal. i love kalmah, but not for their vocals. Face it children of bodom, trivium and kalmahs vocals are just horrible. I'd rather not listen to a band talking about killing babies and shit though.

They_Will_Return said:
lol... trivium is good. But all im sayin is that they have not personally expirenced death. So y write on something. its stupid. To be able to understand them helps me alot. i dont know about u but i'd rather have someone who acually has a good voice. I bet u are some long haired fag, black finger nails, black hair, black lipstick that listens all to death metal. i love kalmah, but not for their vocals. Face it children of bodom, trivium and kalmahs vocals are just horrible. I'd rather not listen to a band talking about killing babies and shit though.
your labeling death metal as only being about killing babies and shit, which its not, it doesnt even have to be about death. its not just the lyrical themes but how the music is played and the type of music which makes it death metal

I honestly love metal, 0% because of the lyrics. I don't understand them and i never try to do by reading them. I like metal (many styles, especially melodic music) because of the music.

Vocals and lyrics are 2 different things. Dead babies? If the music is good, i don't give a damn.