What Does WASP stand for?

Blackie has said it stands for nothing. It's up to other people to decide what it means.

Another one they have gotten alot is We Are Sexual Perverts, especially from the PMRC after the "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" single came out. We Are Sexual Perverts was engraved onto the inside track of a pressing of their debut album on vinyl too because of that lol.

The worst ones for me are Kill Fuck Die (ew industrial), Still Not Black Enough, and Inside The Electric Circus (tired and boring!).

Hellorado was good. It was a raw, sleazy, kick arse rock & roll album that came out in a time that nobody else wanted to do a record like that.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Blackie has said it stands for nothing. It's up to other people to decide what it means.
Another one they have gotten alot is We Are Sexual Perverts, especially from the PMRC after the "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" single came out. We Are Sexual Perverts was engraved onto the inside track of a pressing of their debut album on vinyl too because of that lol.
Since WASP most famous song is "animal, fuck like a beast" I think best translation has to be "we are sexual perverts"
Used to be fun to look for messages engraved on blank inside track of records.

Dam those 1st two WASP albums were good, those were the days early 1980's before MTV corrupted music.

Originally posted by The Trooper
The worst ones for me are Kill Fuck Die (ew industrial), Still Not Black Enough, and Inside The Electric Circus (tired and boring!).

Hellorado was good. It was a raw, sleazy, kick arse rock & roll album that came out in a time that nobody else wanted to do a record like that.

Thanks for the reminder Still Not Black Enough also should be on my list of shit W.A.S.P. records! I like "Electric Circus" & K.F.D. was good for a little experimentation, but it's great that they didn't stick to the "industrial sound." In my opinion the first four discs are still their best & the ones I still own & listen to on a regular basis. As for the recent stuff, Blackie is in a rut lyrically.
Pure cheese. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was his new one. Talk about jumping on the Patriotic band wagon. It's too predicatable & it's just another "Bawless" solo disc...:D

WASP are my fav band and i've been obsessed as long as i remember. I like the darker side of WASP the best.

The best WASP albums IMO are The Crimson Idol, The Headless Children, the first album and KFD. I think KFD is a love or hate album as it is far too dark, angry, distrorted and depressing for a lot of people but that is precisely why I LOVE it!

The most dissapointing album for me was Helldorado as I was expecting something angry and fucked up like KFD. I do like Helldorado though but think it is one of the poorer WASP albums.

I think the worst WASP album is Inside The Electric Circus as it was like they were becoming less WASP and more like a typical more commercial glam rock band. It was like they were being manipulated and influenced by the record companies. I like cheesy glam like ratt but it just isn't WASP.

Anyway I love WASP so much i'm going to go and make a topic telling everyone.

Originally posted by sixxswine
Better question. What's the most disappointing W.A.S.P. record released?
three way tie...
Helldorado, Dying for the World & The Sting(one of the worst "live" records ever!)

The band had nothing to do with the release of The Sting. That was put out without their approval. I would have to go for Helldorado.