What drew you to ProgPowerUSA the 1st time?

I moved to South Carolina from Seattle in the fall of 2001.

When I was moving stuff into our house, the neighbor asked what music I liked-- I told her "metal." She told me, "Oh, my husband and I just went to a festival in Atlanta (PPII)." I asked her what bands played and she said, "Oh, you wouldn't know them-- bands from Europe that wear paint on their faces." (Ark)

I got excited thinking there had been some black metal fest or something...I then met her husband who the following year invited me to go with one of his Gold Badges-- have been to all since III except 8 and the year Primordial played.

To think of the perk the realtor didn't know about...

The Prog Power II line up.

I was in high school back then and had no money. My parents gave me 200 bucks and I made it happen with that. Me and 4 friends drove from the Fort Lauderdale area and shared one room at the super 8 (yes, the 5 of us in one Super 8 room haha).

The 200 bucks was enough to pay for the tickets, hotel, food, gas money and, surprisingly, a few CDs. IT was an incredible event, I immediately fell in love with the festival.

what drew me the first time...my buddies Chris and Brian from the old Braveboard. They talked me into going to the 2nd day of PP IV and I've been going since....

ProgPower VII, specifically the Evergrey headlining set, Nevermore ( :( ), Savage Circus, Vision Divine, and Pyramaze. It had been on my radar for several years but that lineup finally got me off my ass, and after missing PP VIII due to a shithead boss, I've been to every one since IX.

I wanted to go in 2002 when Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray were playing, but I was 17 and my parents wouldn't let me go, so it was on my radar before I actually went. 2003 was my year, Nightwish and Evergrey were my draws, everything else was gravy (delicious gravy, as it turns out, most of the other bands were new to me).

I had wanted to go for several years before I finally pulled the trigger in 2010. The main bands that got me to Atlanta were Nocturnal Rites and Delain U.S. debuts and yes, I will be there till the end!

My first progpower was progpower 7. I had just discovered Freak Kitchen about 3 or 4 months before they were announced for progpower. I had been watching the lineups for years but decided to go when freak kitchen was announced. Then when Glenn said Evergrey was the headliner and they were doing the Night to Remember set it sealed the deal because I had been a big fan of them for about 4 years at that point.

I heard about PP3 after the fact and was angry with myself for missing Pain of Salvation and Angra. PP4 was announced and it became my first chance to see Symphony X headline. Vanden Plas was another big draw for me. So a friend and I made the trip and I've only missed 2 since then. One due to my father passing (PP7) and another because I did not like the lineup much and had just bought a house, so I couldn't justify it at all (PP11).

it was an email that Glenn sent to the Seismic DJ list back in 2000 then as DJ Harvester of Sorrow, saying that he was going to put on a US version of Prog Power. I wish I still had it, I have the initial PPUSA II e-mail but cannot locate the PPUSA 1 e-mail. Non the less, I was excited and made the initial journey out to JJ Kelley's in Lansing. I will always have fond memories of that fest and of the friends I made there that I still have to this day!

Bear

I had just discovered Redemption, Kamelot, Symphony X, and Seventh Wonder. I was reading about Redemption having played at some thing called ProgPower. I checked it out, found out it took place just a few hours away from me, and saw that both Kamelot and Seventh Wonder were playing at the festival taking place in less than a month. I grabbed a ticket and hotel room less than a month before the festival. I've been back ever since.

My first was PPIV and that's only because I found out about PPIII after it was long sold out. I started at PPIV and have attended ever since. I've been a gold badge holder for the last six or so festivals. I love that and will not give it up. I'm in it until the end now. I don't think it was anything in particular that drew me the first time other than dying to check out the festival and see what it was like. And, I can't live without it.:kickass::headbang:

I had heard folks on a Shadow Gallery Yahoo! group mention ProgPower. The year of PPVII, I had purchased the debut CD from Circus Maximus, and found out that the Showcase was their only U.S. date for the whole year. Purchased a ticket immediately, and figured I might as well stick around for the rest of the weekend...

My friend Steve (SkiBumMSP) had heard that Stratovarius was playing at ProgPower VI in 2005. At the time we thought it was going to be their only US date and figured it would be the only we'd ever get to see them. He told me he was going to go and asked if I wanted to go with him. I thought it would be a good idea to see some bands I had never heard of before, and an added plus was that it was my birthday that weekend....

Little did I know that it was the first in a long journey into ProgPowers. We've been attending ever since and have been sponsors since PP X in 2009. Things came full circle for us at PP XV in 2014 when we were co-sponsors for Stratovarius. :)

I was at Powermad, and I knew of PP1 but wasn't able to go for whatever reason. PP2 seemed like a great way to catch up with my Ytsejam/Seismic/Perpetual Motion friends and see some awesome bands.

Vanden Plas was supposed to play @ PPUSA II. I bought tickets to see them. They didn't show up, but that was definitely a very underrated PPUSA. In fact, even though the venue was only half full...... I think when Angel Dust played "Bleed" it was the most insane crowd reaction I can remember at a PPUSA. I was hooked from then on. I didn't go to PPUSA III for reasons beyond my control, but was at every other one since.

Bryant

I saw Brainstorm at the Blind Guardian festival in Germany in 2003. Had considered PP for a year or so, but after Brainstorm's amazing performance and based the rest of the lineup for PP V, I went. I have been going ever since and plan to ride it to the end.

For me, the first one was VII. I had just become a fan of Epica a few months before and really loved them. Then I saw they were playing a single show in the U.S. on their upcoming tour, in Atlanta for PPUSA VII, so I jumped at the opportunity to see them.

I had a great time at VII, then when I saw that After Forever was going to be at VIII, I was hooked and had to come back and once again had a great time. I have been coming every year since.

One of my friends was a big Pink Cream 69 fan, and he got me into them. I was browsing the PC69 website for more information, and saw that they were going to be at PPUSA VI. I had never heard of the fest before, but got more intrigued as I explored more of the bands and the history. I decided to make it part of an extended motorcycle trip from Chicago that year. I have not missed one since.

It seems a bit unusual that of all the bands that have played there, PC69 is the one I have to credit with getting me to PPUSA.