What Drive? SSD or HD?

- system drive intel ssd 128gb

- 3x 600tb wd/velociraptor (ssd still faster).

- i also have a drobo FS w/ 6tb

next week i am updating my system drive to a seagate 200gb pulsar xt.2 (was told it's much faster than the intel models).

i really hope that the new thunderbolt protocol will be available as a pci expansion... otherwise i will need to upgrade my 12core macpro. :oops:

*stupidface*

I asked this question a while ago, got some interesting answers, and I'll link any sites I found helpful.

What I gathered though, was that seek times were radically faster with a SSD, allowing things like SD and DFH to load almost instantly. Recording was also impressive. What I got on the cons though, is erasing and overwriting data is not as efficient, and with older drives, pausing occurred after the drive had been (virtually) filled up even after said data was "gone".

- system drive intel ssd 128gb

- 3x 600tb wd/velociraptor (ssd still faster).

- i also have a drobo FS w/ 6tb

next week i am updating my system drive to a seagate 200gb pulsar xt.2 (was told it's much faster than the intel models).

i really hope that the new thunderbolt protocol will be available as a pci expansion... otherwise i will need to upgrade my 12core macpro. :oops:

*stupidface*

Dude, let us know what you think of the seagate 200gb pulsar xt.2
Will interesting to hear your feedback