What ever happened to....

abysslooker

Jul 18, 2003
Detroit, MI
Visit site
Jim Berger (ALL) and Tony Sarkka (IT) from the bands (Abruptum, Ophthalamia, Vondur and WAR). Peter Tagtgren said in an interview that someone from dissection made a death threat and he disappeared from the scene. IT also mentioned that he was ashamed of the album A Journey In Darkness which was the reason for A Long Journey. The only difference is that the songs are rearanged and instead of Shadow on vocals (A Journey In Darkness) ALL does vocals (A Long Journey) and the line up is different. Then IT closes with "In short a lot of things went wrong and I am glad that we could erase the errors of the past. I would like to say that there only exists one version of this album and that is the one you are holding right now (A Long Journey). Now I leave the scene forever.... Darkness it shall be 'IT' 1997"
Personally I think A Journey In Darkness is much better, along the lines of Via Dolorosa. A Long Journey is just a little to sloppy, not raw, but sloppy. SO what I want to know is has there been any word of IT or ALL doing anything. The mini cd De Profundis Mors Vas Cousumet had 2 tracks on it that were recorded in 2000. The title track had been recorded in 91' for the Euronymous tribute.But what I dont understand is on the back is some dude with long hair wearing a german iron cross around his neck, I am positive its not IT, ALL or Peter, and definately not EVIL. And it doesn't even say who produced the album. Any info on any of the questions would be most appreciated.