What happened to Manowar?

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I was at the New Jersey metal fest this weekend and was having a good time. I say "was having" fun, that is until Manowar showed up. :( I'm not sure if anyone heard what happened, but here is a quick run down: They cancelled their signings, they pulled the plug on Nuclear Assault after 20 minutes :yell: (they also turned the lights on in the middle of a song :mad: ), they would not let anyone take pictures (the security guards informed us that they would confiscate the camera, and remove the offending individual), they even made the metal press leave!!! They also locked the doors before the show started, so if you were outside and wanted in, tough tittie. Now that's what true metal is about! :headbang: They also had everyone wait an hour and 15 minutes for them to come on stage! They pulled the plug on Nuclear Assault so they could make everyone wait!?!?!?! What's up with that? I could not believe the arrogance of Manowar. I do know they lost a fan that night (as a matter of fact, I was not the only one. There was quite a few people who left the room). But, I guess I'm just not true metal enough to treat my fans and other bands like shit. This was not Manowar's show, this was a metal festival. They had no right to dictate what was going to happen.
Unbelievable..... now I know why Jaxx in Springfield told Manowar to take a flying leap and would not let them play at his club.

I hated Manowar to begin with, but this shit makes me hate them more. They're not the fucking backstreet boys, they can't make stupid demands, and have people wait for them, and cut people off.