What Fire Wire card is the best?

Hi ya'll, all my interfaces over the years have been PCI then I moved to USB (PCI is to noisy, picks up PC noise) now I want to change to a Firewire interface (namely RME) so how do you guys connect your interfaces to your PC and if PCI, what card do you recommend?
Thx, your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Clint

Any TI chipset card should be fine.
Some motherboards have build in firewire with the TI chip, if you are not so lucky you just buy a PCI card.

How would the noise issue be though? Or is it fine because the interface is external and the firewire card won't affect the sound because its just data streaming device? I'm just really scared to go back to anything PCI based. Its mainly why I chose not to use the UA DSP cards in my studio.

afaik there should be no reason for it to introduce noise.
I have a PCI TI firewire card with a RME Fireface 400 and I have had zero issues with performance or extra noise

anything firewire card with TI chipset is good enough for you.

TI is the only chipset I will use for audio interface. since I had really bad and unbearable experiences with other chipset in the past.
now if the firewire not having TI printed on them, I won't even look at it.

as for motherboard bulit in firewire card, you will have really tight limitation too.
I recently upgraded my computer to Sandy Bridge Intel i7 2600k, I was search for motherboard with TI chipset firewire.
I checked, ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, AsRock and many other major brands.
Ended up my only choice is Gigabyte has onboard TI chipset.
the other brand are all VIA..