What good melodic metal has come out this year?

GrumpyDwarf said:
I've listened to Isis, their most recent album (or, their most recent album as of mid-2003). Musically, it was very good but just didn't "grip" me. I should probably set aside some time where I could concentrate on it and pay attention. The guy's vocals didn't bother me at all, they fit IMO
Panopticon was released in October of this year, so you might be talking about Oceanic.

GrumpyDwarf said:
Zod, have you heard this 3 Inches of Blood band? I'm serious, they're fucking incredible.
I have the MP3s, but have only had a chance to listen to the first track. They've been getting some good word of mouth. I'll definitely check it out this weekend.

As for the new Isis; I listened to a few tracks. At first listen, it sounded strong. It also sounded like it will take a number of listens to fully absorb.

Zod

lizard said:
HERMAN LI, GET A MOTHERFUCKING HAIRCUT!!
Dragon02.JPG

:lol:
But if he cut his hair his guitar skillz would vanish also :cry:

Dark One said:
You checked out Manticora yet? I think it'd be right up your alley. Of the few new release purchases I've made this year, 8 Deadly Sins is close to, if not the best.
Not yet. Waiting for it show up online, so I can check it out. Should it be a blind buy for me?

Hey, was it you or Ali that bought the Riverside CD? If it was you, what do you think?

Zod

General Zod said:
Not yet. Waiting for it show up online, so I can check it out. Should it be a blind buy for me?

Hey, was it you or Ali that bought the Riverside CD? If it was you, what do you think?

Zod
I recommend a blind purchase, a no brainer for sure.

I bought the Riverside, very well done, lots of Floydian influences, great atmosphere.

I just saw another kickass review for that 3 Inches of Blood release. It sounds really fucking good and somewhat <gasp> unique. I can't believe that Roadrunner has actually picked them up seeing as they aren't a shit nu-metal band. Maybe, just maybe Roadrunner will redirect itself to it's glory days in the early 90's...not.

But I do have to check that band out!!!