What guitars are you playing these days?

rgbeach

Feb 11, 2002
Chicago
www.hexology.com
Dave, ar you still playing your Ibanez 7-string, or is there a new axe that we should hear about?

I've settled into my Ibanez Prestige RG2020XTB (drop "D" tuning) and my J-Custom RG1680AM (standard tuning). I also used my JEM7BSB (drop "C" tuning) on one of our new songs.

For all you other guitarists out there, let us know what you're playing these days as well.

Well, I'm firmly in 7-string land with my new Kramer. It's by no means a great guitar, but it's not terrible, either. I just love the doors the 7th string opens, both for riffing and lead playing.
I'm hoping to get my hands on an Ibanez 7 string Vai model.
I can't get enough of Ibanez guitars. I just love their necks and Lo-Pro Edge tremelo systems.

Hey Bob, those Prestige guitars sure are nice. I almost bought one, but couldn't quite stretch to it. Does yours have that lovely binding around the body?

Hey Bob, those Prestige guitars sure are nice. I almost bought one, but couldn't quite stretch to it. Does yours have that lovely binding around the body? [/B]

Yeah, Lee, both my Prestige and my J-Custom have a very cool binding around the bodies. I really love the prestige necks, as well - much better than the wizard necks, in my opinion.

I also have an RG1077XL Prestige baritone 7-string. I don't play it much, though. So, if you're interested...

I'm a Ibanez kid all the way!!!:headbang:

I've got an Ibanez S-Classic-420 with a beautiful marone-red colour (calles BK - black cherry)

And another Ibanez 7-string .Just like you dave:p with a mettalic red/purple called MC (magnetta crush)

Dave, what type of Ibanez 7-string do tou have? I have a RG-7420 what do u have.:DHow cool would it be if we had the same type of guitar!!!:D

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Dave, what type of Ibanez 7-string do tou have? I have a RG-7420 what do u have.:DHow cool would it be if we had the same type of guitar!!!:D

Then cool it shall be, ;)
I use the same model that you have. The RG-7420 is my baby...it's a very comfortable guitar, and I'm extremely happy with it. :D

~D

np: Evergrey - Visions (Recreation Day)

I love it too.
Its such a good guitar.
I don't know why, but with my other Ibanez (s-classic 420bc) I was having some trouble with sweeping as fast and accurate as I would of like to. But with this one, I feel like Jason Becker! It is just soo easy to sweep and speed-pick.

Just a tech-tip dave, in the other side of the bridge (acsess it by unscrewing that big black spot at the back of the body) there will be only three springs. Two at either end and one in the middle. Change it to four springs (two at both ends)

-Mr. Shred-'....

Sold my JPM90HAM, and purchased an RG8520TRD J-Custom. I am going to be selling my RG1077XL and JEM7BSB, if anyone's interested.

So, once all that is finishe, I will have the following guitars in my collection:

RG2020XTB Prestige
RG1680XAM J-Custom
RG8520TRD J-Custom
S540JG

Downsizing, yes!!!