What happened to Unicorn?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Dan said in an old interview when they had reformed that he was hopinh he wouldn't need any of his side projects anymore if Unicorn went where he wanted it. He said all these side projects he'd been in were just a substitute for the lack of Unicorn-ism.

Now I've never heard any Unicorn before but I see no one ever talks about them. So what happened? It didn't work? Why not?

I seem to remember Dan telling me in an e-mail that the members basically drifted apart, due to outside interests and a general lack of inspiration continue onward. Anders Mareby, the guitarist, I think was the main one who didn't wish to continue with the band, so Dan and Peter decided to put the band to rest. I think it really had an effect on Dan, as he often will refer to the time period this happened (95-96) as a very tough time in his life, and that he was very "disillusioned". Second Sky, the project that Dan and Peter have going and which Dan plans on pursuing once the new Nightingale is finished, is supposed to continue onward with the Unicorn sound, and could possibly contain some parts and ideas left over from that legendary, incredible band...

Yeah..that's pretty much it!!
Unicorn was the best thing in my life for a lot of years, but due to members changing their "character" (We were all in the very formative years) all of a sudden the music I wrote and the production I wanted it to have was "out" and cracks began to show when I didn't have my material presented in the way I felt was right..We died slowly until the summer of 2000. Second Sky is Unicorn just like the Haunted is At The Gates if you know what I mean...I will start working more focued on that album right after finished the N-gale album. It will be gr8.....

D