What happened with Borknagar.com?

Looking forward to it!

So they're going back to an official website, no more social media? Or both, I presume...

Oh well, new site sucks haha; the red under the logo doesn't look to good IMO, and it feels way to cluttered. I'm sure the site will change and evolve, many kudos for the band for bringing it up again! About time! :D

"Upon release of our new album in late 2012, the site will be re-launched with new and full-blown set-up and design."

Though I'm not sure what your gripe is with the logo. The background is a collage of their album covers I don't know what you want, putting the red from Quintessence behind it was probably the smartest choice since it's simple. If any of the other album art was put behind it, the design would probably conflict and it'd look crappy and weird.

hmm so we still have to wait at least one and a half year for the full version of the site?
Well I guess it's better than nothing (except stupid social media) at all :)

hmm so we still have to wait at least one and a half year for the full version of the site?
Well I guess it's better than nothing (except stupid social media) at all :)

The combination of Facebook and Bandcamp pages (especially for lesser known bands) is incredibly helpful for publicity and a great way for bands to connect directly with their fans. I don't understand how anyone can hate on it.

The page was a little delayed due to some last minute work that had to be done. I'm glad you guys are engaged in this, keep feeding comments on the site itself and we can adjust the site as we work. It seems like you all also have quite different opinions to how this should work, and I think if you give us a bit of time we can please everyone. The site is built on a Wordpress platform, which alows us to post news or blog- posts, but it will contain all the info and features you ask for. The blog platform is just the easiest way to enable the band- guys to stay in direct touch with the fans, and not having to go through a webmaster or other external links to post updates and news. And no, we wont leave all social media out, but the .com is now the Headquarters :)
Tell your firends, help us spread this and help us grow the band and enable us to do all the concerts we want to do and visit a venue near you all :)

---------------Jens

that's the spirit!! :headbang::kickass:i'm very glad to see that the things are finally moving in the Borknagar camp! Thanks for bringing .com back to life!! There are enough people out there who hate facebook and absolutely don't want to be a part of facebook/twitter/whatever so it's great that we don't have to become a member to follow the news of the band. I personally don't mind the blog format at all as you can also subscribe to the feeds and get all the news in your mailbox. I was already happy with Artisan blog as it contains awesome stories, pics, vids, info and is being updated almost daily, and it would be fantastic to see something of the like or even better on borknagar.com! Keep it up guys! :headbang: