What idiots! u have to read this for a laugh

UNDEROATH777

Sep 6, 2002
why do u want to know?
Visit site
ok, I was on amazon.com and found this guys review. Its by far the saddest thing Ive read all week....

"

stars-1-0.gif
I tried to like death/dark metal..., March 22, 2003
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Reviewer: An Amazon.com Customer [/size][/font]Ok to start off I'm actually 16.
I've been looking on Amazon for the most popular death metal band because it sounds gothic and that is my kind of persona is at the moment.

I've downloaded all these albums off the net with a mp3 program:
Cradle Of Filth: Damnation & A Day
Children Of Bodom: Hate Crew Deathroll
Opeth: lots of songs from their various albums
Soilwork: Natural Born Chaos

and of course Dark Tranquillity: Damage Done. Now that is quite a few varied Death Metal bands don't you think and even though I'm 16 I am going to sound like a parent and say all these death metal bands sound all the same. And they do!!

Do you know why any death metal band can bring out another album in the space of a year? Its because all they do is have
headbanging music in the background and some guys screaming and making gutteral dog like sounds in the backround.

Fans of death metal don't diss me because its not that I can't take death metal, I just think it's one of the most [poor] types of metal and rock there are. But that's my opinion.

Just listen to Dark Tranquillity supposdely one of the most popular Death Metal albums out today and listen to each song.
Every single song except Ex Nihilo and Acacia Avenue are just headbanging music in the background and some guys who are trying to sound like dogs in the background. The only reason why I like the song Ex Nihilo is because drk tran. don't sing. It's an instrumental!

Now these people must be pretty bad if you can't wait for an instrumental because you don't want to hear the same hard to listen to dog sounds they make in ALL their boring songs.

Acacia Avenue I liked because they sounded a little different and you could actually understand what they were saying.

Warning people who are new to death metal don't bother getting this cd because its the same normal death metal [stuff] that's around the normal dog sounds and headbanging music.

I have given up with Death Metal. I wasted 2 weeks downloading all these songs and they sound the same. Once I was listening to song 6 format C for cortex when that one had acutally finished and the next song was on that's how similar the songs sound! I guess I am just not meant 4 death metal... "

is it just me, or does this guy not know what hes talking about!

(if you have any other reviews like this on any band post them, id like to read them)

Hehe. Pretty funny. :)

AHHH SO WHAT ?? OF COURSE IT'S ALL THE SAME, OTHERWISE, WHAT WOULD ALL THE STUPID pEOPLE BE LISTENING ??

Now Playing:
[bold]Immortal - Battles in the North[/bold]

Yeah right, well my best buddy sings like both Mikeal Stanne and Satyr Wongraven mixed together lolol HAHAHAHA [loud&noisy]WRHAHARARRHG [/loud&noisy]

well I can imagine, and also assume it's good music. Of course extreme metal is not easy to listen to and to appreciate all the corners of it, of course it all sounds alike, which installs in depth what makes the unique personality of each band.

NicktheClayman said:
Maybe its the pot talking, but did that make much sense to anyone else?

Nick

I don't know, I guess everybody here is for music in general what AmazonReviewer is for death metal.

PS: sorry underroath, I thought that you were the reviewer

krigsbarn said:
I don't know, I guess everybody here is for music in general what AmazonReviewer is for death metal.
my records collection features a lot of electronics, rock, folk, local singers, punk, and rap. i do listen to most metal records out these days, but mostly for knowledge reasons. i don't remember enjoying any new metal records specifically this year, and my favourite album for 2003 is probably "empath" by the electronic body music band god module. perhaps yours is too much of a generalization.

UNDEROATH777 said:
Acacia Avenue I liked because they sounded a little different and you could actually understand what they were saying.

:lol: ha! perhaps he'd like it even more if he heard the original then! What a deprived retard!