What If...?

Ethereal Sage said:
What if we suddenly all became deaf?
pardon?
(sorry, that was cheap)

people like us, who are accustomed to dedicate lots of energy to the written word, will have a small advantage.
aside from that, there will certainly be bigger consequences than we can imagine. it's an interesting subject for sci-fi, i suppose.

Indeed it was, in the first instance and is in the second :p

Imagine some of the more specific consequences...the music industry would go kaput...submarines would be blind in the water...the alarm clock industry would go kaput...waiters would never know when a meal the chef has cooked is ready, as he wouldn't be able to hear the little bell...NO COMMENTRY! Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all ;)

Then only bands who arn't in it for the money would remain... these bands would make money from constant touring and us metal heads would be as happy as pigs in shit that our favourite bands are on a constant roter. Pop music would die hard and fast.

What if Mikael Stanne left Dark Tranquillity and the singer from Edguy joined instead :ill: ?

Something do not bear thinking about KC, and should not even be uttered. :erk:

*Commits suicide*

Indifferent people are more dangerous.

What if human repoduction was a system outside of the human body? ie. a man and woman didn't need to consumate to produce offspring.

then we could buy our eggs at the supermarket, couldnt we?

what if we never split the atom?

Maybe we wouldn't have such destructive power as we have now and maybe a few more scientists would be alive today.

What if the creator of this thread 'bumped' it back to the main page? Would it last the day there? Would it re-capture the initial interest it had?

Appears to be.

What if we had no taste buds? Do you think certain foods would be as discriminated agaisnt as they are now? Would we eat brussel sprouts and all the other less than tasty stuff without a care? Would we still be able to discern if we were eating foods that have gone off?

Well, seeing as smell usually alerts us to the 'off'-ness of a food, and taste is largely a combination of smell and taste bud stimuli, I'd say we'd probably just eat food that smelled good, and we'd still be pretty safe as far as food that's gone off.

I like that question though, it's a good one :)
~kov.

What if a band had a program set up where a person from the public who was the winner of some lucky-draw or some similar idea won the opportunity to have the said band's next album tailored to the winning contestant's taste...as in the winning contestant suggested ideas, lyrics, riffs etc that the band may take on in their next round of songwriting?

La Rocque said:
What if the key to life is that it ends?
what do you mean with "the key" to life? its meaning? cause? justification? purpose? interpretation?

no easy way to define any of the above, and i'm not sure life's end can be an objective fact to impress meaning on anything outside of its interpretations. moreover, due to the specific nature of the event, we have precious little information on any first-hand interpretation of life's ending, unless we believe in ghosts.