What if?

Crusader

Metal addict
Sep 13, 2002
What if?
Saxon got famous, and then I mean REALLY famous, would you still like them? Would you still like them if they got big, and then changed themselves' appearence and style of music to get more fans in a bigger so called "target group"?
If they adapted their music to a younger/older crowd? (hey, no jokes now)
If they changed their musicstyle COMPLETELY, kicked out a few of the band's members, and maybe re-styled their SAXON logotype?

Just by thinking of this, gives me the creeps. Just how many bands have got destroyed by getting too much popularity?
.​
.​
.​
The question is: Would you still like them?

The actual thing I meant that if they got famous, and fake, would you still like them?
Famous wouldn't matter to me, but if they would be fake I wouldn't be interested of their new music anymore I think... :erk: ...tough call.

I understand the ? and it's the same can't make a descision until I here the change.

I can think of one band that got "destroyed" by to much to soon Metallica.

Crusader said:
The actual thing I meant that if they got famous, and fake, would you still like them?
Famous wouldn't matter to me, but if they would be fake I wouldn't be interested of their new music anymore I think... :erk: ...tough call.

basically it depends on what the new sound and style was like, if they changed so much and u didnt like the new sound or look then sure u wouldnt listen to em anymore, not the new stuff anyway

but if it was different but still good then maybe ud be sad that theyd changed but still enjoy the new stuff

I think that Saxon HAVE changed, and for the better. They went through an identity crisis from the guitar synth's on Destiny to the Rock N Roll flavour of Forever Free, finally consolidating thier talent on all albums from Unleash The Beast.

DesertOfTheReal said:
I think that Saxon HAVE changed, and for the better. They went through an identity crisis from the guitar synth's on Destiny to the Rock N Roll flavour of Forever Free, finally consolidating thier talent on all albums from Unleash The Beast.

Couldn't have put it better meself!

What if Biff decided to leave the group (I know that's not even thinkable :cool: ) and start a solocarreer instead? And if Saxon would get another vocalist?

Why am I writing this? IT WON'T HAPPEN OKAY! :loco: