what is emo?

Katatonic

Not My Own
Sep 10, 2001
Sydney
i just got LFDGD and i want to know what the hell emo is. is it emotion? or drugs? AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

i'd kind of always figured emotion.... drugs?? maybe i'm just not hip enough, but i've never heard of a drug called emo... ?? of course, there's always the interpretation that they just wanted the radio to stop playing so much damn weezer... 'too much fucking emo!!' :p

As far as I know (which isn't very far) I think it just means emotion.

Jonas has too much fucking emo!! :rolleyes:

Emo stands for emotion, and it's not generally associated with the metal world. For example, the most popular kind of pop punk in this day & age is emo punk, bands like New Found Glory where every single song is melodic & catchy and they just whine about relationships gone wrong, etc.

Emo would be the equivalent to a punk rock Depeche Mode or Cure.

wrong wrong wrong...emo is not pop punk, not weezer (weezer is indie) emo is more recognized in the hardcore scene. Emo is just soft boring music. Dashboard Confessional, Juliana Theory, Further Seems Forever, Pedro The Lion, stuff like that even older Jimmy Eat World is emo. Their stuff now still has the touch but its branched out to the mainstreem.

Hardcore kids listen to emo when they dont feel like listening to Dillinger Escape Plan or converge. Also, there is emo-core like boy sets fire, thursday, grade, hopesfall, etc. Thanks just informing you!

Please don't put Weezer to this category... They have Slayer-influenced T-shirts after all... But what comes to "emo"... Well, concerning the lyrics, I found it somekind of "too much of FALSE feeling" or something...

i always thought the lyrics "too much fucking emo its false i know" was that whoever this woman with black hair and a black dress is, faked her saddness and/or depression or just her emotions in general. maybe you all already knew this or thought this too, but tell me what you think.

btw does anyone know who jonas was writing about for the song passing bird?

or better yet... jonas who were you writing about?