Good Emo Music?

Yeah, Punks are more "Fuck America" and Emo's just hate themselves and don't care about the rest of the world because they want sympathy.

I'mma just say that what you just said is very stereotypical. My main genre is punk. That's how I live. There's much more to punk than "FUCK AMERICA". And emo came from punk. In a way, it is a type of punk, but not the new stuff like My Chemical Romance. The emo bands that could possibly be considered punk don't exist anymore. These bands are Fugazi, Rites of Spring and some others. Today's emo isn't really emo. The new, popular, trendy emo is the thing that the people hate, not real emo, because they don't know what it is.
/rant

I am aware there is more to Punk than "FUCK AMERICA". I just wanted to put it into one sentence. Anyway you are right, Emo derives from Punk. Lots of music derives from Punk. You can mix Punk into almost anything. Theres Hardcore Punk, Punk Metal, Gothic Punk, it could go on forever.

Their early stuff I don't like much, London calling is an album I think is good but I don't listen to that much Punk anymore.

Reading this, it seems that Feathers and Flames keeps changing his opinion on punk to fit in.

That probably ain't the case, but it looks funny to me.

"Punk is fuck america!"
"It's not really. Plus Emo comes from Punk"
"Yeah I know dude... Everything comes from punk"
"You know alot about punk"
"I know. I love the clash"
"I hate the clash"
"Yeah they suck. London calling was alright"
"I love it"
"KICKASS!"

1) I said there was more to Punk and I just wanted to make a brief idea of the difference between Punk and Emo.
2) I didn't say I didn't like The Clash, I said I didn't like their early stuff.

Stop following my around and trying to find something wrong with everything I post, it is extremely annoying.

Making fun of Emos is so fucking conformist. If I had dimes for all the conformity in this thread, I could buy an emo sex slave.

Atreyu is pretty cool, because they got their name from the Never Ending Story. I don't like them very much, but come on guys. It takes massive balls to take one of the least-accessible aspects of metal (death vocals) and turn it into POP music! Those bands are geniuses. Atreyu is closer to being metal than Guns N Roses or AC/DC. I like GNR and AC/DC a lot more than Atreyu, but I've gotta give respect for the death vocals.

Real emo music is actually very good, the bands I like are Thursday, Thrice, Brand New, At The Drive-In (slightly)...all awesome bands.

Making fun of Emos is so fucking conformist. If I had dimes for all the conformity in this thread, I could buy an emo sex slave.

Atreyu is pretty cool, because they got their name from the Never Ending Story. I don't like them very much, but come on guys. It takes massive balls to take one of the least-accessible aspects of metal (death vocals) and turn it into POP music! Those bands are geniuses. Atreyu is closer to being metal than Guns N Roses or AC/DC. I like GNR and AC/DC a lot more than Atreyu, but I've gotta give respect for the death vocals.

Ummm... Metal isn't all about screaming death vocals. And Atreyu sucks major ass.

I wouldn't say they were really pop, I used to listen to the pop station a lot, never heard a single one of their songs, they're probably played on the "alternative" station, but its really just a station for hardcore kids.

I never listened to them and don't want to. They took their name from a stupid warrior in the never ending story, who did nothing useful (as far as I can remember, I last watched it when I was 7).