Good Emo Music?

Out of curiousity, what IS emo?

Its a 5 foot tall pink flightless bird that lives in the Amazon.

No, look here (most of these are wrong though)

After that Black Core or someone who knows well will explain it.

Here's a definition of Emo Poser that I copied from urban dictionary, I think part of it is true, 90% of the people we call Emo are posers. I'm not sure if I've ever met a real Emo.

Emo Poser

A person who tries to fit in with the emo label just for attention or popularity (which doesn't make sense because emo people aren't supposed to be popular)

Anyway, here are some ways to spot an emo poser:

1. Act depressed 24/7, even when nothing is wrong in their lives
2. Cut themselves purposefully... and then show it to everyone
3. Must always adopt the complete emo look: dark dyed hair with sidebangs, very tight pants, an emo band t-shirt (like Hawthorne Heights) at least 3 items from Hot Topic, and of course, eyeliner
4. Has a rich family
5. Music lists ALWAYS include the following bands: My Chemical Romance, Hawthorne Heights, The Used, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy, AFI, and more
6. Throws emo song lyrics around on their myspace/xanga/livejournal/etc., usually as their display name
7. On the above-mentioned sites, include pictures of themselves with the typical myspace angle (weird camera aim which barely allows for the viewer to see the person except for their hair, or at least one of their eyes)
8. Only talk to people who look just like themselves (and may get rejected if they see how much of a poser he/she is)
9. Are anorexic or have some other mental disorder, usually involving their self-image (because all emo posers think they're ugly)
10. Complain about their "hard lives" all the time

In short, emo posers are the reason that everyone hates emos. They're the ones who act like this, so people think that all emos do it too. In reality, true emo people act like themselves, and the only way that they are all alike is that they tend to have a primarily emotional personality. That's it. It has nothing to do with being depressed or mental disorders, or listening to all the same bands, unless you have a good reason for being depressed, did not force the mental disorder on yourself, or listen to the bands because you actually like them.

Though, in reality, I personally do not like most of the bands. They're not in my taste. I'm not gonna insult them though. Only the people who listen to them just because everyone else does, AKA the posers.

Here's a definition of Emo Poser that I copied from urban dictionary, I think part of it is true, 90% of the people we call Emo are posers. I'm not sure if I've ever met a real Emo.

Emo Poser

A person who tries to fit in with the emo label just for attention or popularity (which doesn't make sense because emo people aren't supposed to be popular)

3. Must always adopt the complete emo look: dark dyed hair with sidebangs, very tight pants, an emo band t-shirt (like Hawthorne Heights) at least 3 items from Hot Topic, and of course, eyeliner
4. Has a rich family
5. Music lists ALWAYS include the following bands: My Chemical Romance, Hawthorne Heights, The Used, Simple Plan, Fall Out Boy, AFI, and more
6. Throws emo song lyrics around on their myspace/xanga/livejournal/etc., usually as their display name
7. On the above-mentioned sites, include pictures of themselves with the typical myspace angle (weird camera aim which barely allows for the viewer to see the person except for their hair, or at least one of their eyes)
8. Only talk to people who look just like themselves (and may get rejected if they see how much of a poser he/she is)
9. Are anorexic or have some other mental disorder, usually involving their self-image (because all emo posers think they're ugly)

In short, emo posers are the reason that everyone hates emos. They're the ones who act like this, so people think that all emos do it too. In reality, true emo people act like themselves, and the only way that they are all alike is that they tend to have a primarily emotional personality. That's it. It has nothing to do with being depressed or mental disorders, or listening to all the same bands, unless you have a good reason for being depressed, did not force the mental disorder on yourself, or listen to the bands because you actually like them.

Though, in reality, I personally do not like most of the bands. They're not in my taste. I'm not gonna insult them though. Only the people who listen to them just because everyone else does, AKA the posers.

:kickass:
Damn straight man.

People wouldn't know a real Emo when they saw one ever. Real Emo's probably don't bother with the stupid hair over one eye. And one thing I know about people who are actually depressed is they know that complaining about it drives people away.

Emo Poser

4. Has a rich family

...do you know what your saying?

fall out boy, simple plan, and hawthorne hights suck, arent emo and they sadly give emo bands a bad name.

AFI is actually emo on their old stuff.

My Chem is emo on their old stuff.

real emo bands are...

senses fail

underoath(old up to their only chasing safetey).

eighteen visions

silverstien

weezer....ect.

please get your facts right about something before you say you hate it. Its ok if you hate those bands, but dont go saying you hate something without knowing what it is.

^I think it's fair to say that band like MCR and such nowadays are poser bands, he was right about that.
It doesn't matter what they used to be. If you ask a poser about those band's old songs, he couldn't name one.

fall out boy, simple plan, and hawthorne hights suck, arent emo and they sadly give emo bands a bad name.

real emo bands are...

senses fail

eighteen visions

silverstien

weezer....ect.

please get your facts right about something before you say you hate it. Its ok if you hate those bands, but dont go saying you hate something without knowing what it is.

I know that, I fucking copied and pasted it, I even said so right before the definition. I was posting it because someone asked what Emo was. Get YOUR facts straight.

By the way in your first sentence you're supposed to say do you know what you're saying with an apostrophe, your is the possessive form. Gosh, the spelling of most poeple.

real emo bands are...

senses fail

eighteen visions

silverstien

weezer....ect.

None of those bands are emo. Check out Moss Icon.

Also, anyone here like mewithoutyou?