Good Emo Music?

Vimana

Mar 2, 2007
I had said before that I don't like Emo music because there is no talent in the genre, but the only Emo bands I have heard of are Panic! At The Disco, Hawthorne Heights, and From First To Last, but I don't know if Panic! is real Emo.

So I just want to know some good Emo bands.

emo is the gayest of all music ever, behind the vocalist you have two guys playing the guiters, i say it that way because they are not guiter players. kerry king is a guiter player, those guys just kinds of strum the beat. and while this guy is singing everyone is hoping around, and if you make a good guitar riff and have any skill with the instrument you should be able to spin in the air while playing it. emo is bullshit rock that is centered around vocals, and thus thrives on the wishy washy mainstream crowd. kinda like glam metal but without guitar solos and lingerie, and ironically a lot gayer.

emo bands can rot for eternity in the lowest depths of faggatory.

Amen.

I have heard good emo music before I just don't remember the band's names sorry. Emo music just isn't popular only because the mainstream emo bands give the genre a poor image.

I think the mainstream Emo bands suck because they don't want to be Emo 100%. I mean Fallout Boy was considered Punk (which they're nowhere near) by the mainstream until Emo started spreading like AIDS. You know how AIDS started? This guy in Africa ate a chimpanzee and got the disease. Thats kind of how Emo started, a guy ate all his self esteem and that spread onto another person but not sexually, damn I need joke lessons.:erk:

And I completely forgot I started this thread looking for good Emo music, I think a crayon is in my brain.

The only 'true' 80s emo bands I listen to are Rites of Spring who kick ass, and Gray Matter (dunno if they really count as emo, or are just hardcore punk), one of the best (and most underrated) punk bands ever.

Ugh, I'm glad to see a few people here that know what real emo is.

I'll recommend you a few of my favorites:

Envy
Orchid
Corea
Gantz
1000 Travels of Jawaharlal
Metronome Charisma

First of all, the term "emo" as a genre of music did not even exist in the 80's.

Probably the first wave of bands to be referred to as emo were bands in the early 90's, like Cap'n Jazz, Friction, and Gauge.

Later in the 90s, bands like Braid came around.

Braid pretty much influenced every mainstream emo crap that followed.