What defines emo?

It came from the goths, pretty sure about that but the posers mixed it up with the emo culture and then came the bands (like MCR) who saw it was going to be popular and made songs to feed it.

all I can say is there are some really fucked up people across all genres of music. I see attention whoring on both sides who throw rocks at each other. Almost like their looking in the mirror and dont like what they see so they pick up a rock and try to break the mirror. Sub cultures are pathetically desperate. I have found music in most genres I can like to some degree and it helps me enjoy my preference without becoming bored.

It came from the goths, pretty sure about that but the posers mixed it up with the emo culture and then came the bands (like MCR) who saw it was going to be popular and made songs to feed it.

Yeah, Emo's stole a lot from the "Gothic" style of dressing. The mainstream bands just recently became "Emo" because the Emo fad was rising a lot and they didn't really change their music much, just their lyrics a little bit but changed their image and everything.

Most mainstream music these days is aimed towards females. The only music that isn't is the Hip-hop, but the Rock, R&B, Techno, is all aimed towards females, usually 12-year-old girls.

i thought the whole "emo" fad would be gone by now, but it looks almost as if its here to stay

::sad sigh::

^I don't think it's gonna be here much longer. Eventually everything changes to a new hype

Yeah, Emo's stole a lot from the "Gothic" style of dressing. The mainstream bands just recently became "Emo" because the Emo fad was rising a lot and they didn't really change their music much, just their lyrics a little bit but changed their image and everything.

Most mainstream music these days is aimed towards females. The only music that isn't is the Hip-hop, but the Rock, R&B, Techno, is all aimed towards females, usually 12-year-old girls.

Well the techno really isn't. The latest hype in music here is "jump-style" and is almost strictly for guys. but in general you are right and the guys see it and try to attract girls by joining the mainstream movement.

^I don't think it's gonna be here much longer. Eventually everything changes to a new hype

Well the techno really isn't. The latest hype in music here is "jump-style" and is almost strictly for guys. but in general you are right and the guys see it and try to attract girls by joining the mainstream movement.

Yeah, the only reason I listened to mainstream music was because I knew girls that listened to it, but then I took interest in Hendrix, which led me to lots of other music.

I just don't understand why the musicians in the mainstream bands have to have no talent, why don't they just keep their horrible lyrics and put talent with it? They'll get more fans and money that way.

And once the Emo fad started everyone was making fun of the "Emo" kids and stuff, but people my age are starting to get bored of it. Emo is one of those quick passing fads, like wearing a hat sideways.

I wouldn't say they've got no talent. I actually like quite a few mainstream songs but most of them are using their talents the wrong way.

Yeah, they have more of a talent in making gay pride parade songs.

I like some of the mainstream that is less popular, the more popular the artists are, the more pressure they get to make a song a certain way from the producers and everything. So they probably aren't really allowed to be themselves.

Some of the members at fall out boy played in Hardcore Punk bands. Who knows what fall out boy actually wanted to sound like. Mainstream music now is just producers and stuff researching whats "in" and making fall out boy change to fit that. And using bands that have started recently like panic! at the disco and the red jumpsuit apparatus because they're in. It's kinda like marionettes with hidden puppeteers.

Mainstream music is like a tarsier, you need to have a lot of space for it to run around, but it could get hurt, so you captivate it but it'll commit suicide. Mainstream music was about doing your own thing now its about being "in".

I hope pop-punk doesn't come around again. Its worse than the last time. Some older pop-punk was good but now all new pop-punk sucks.

I think part of the reason the mainstream doesn't make real Emo music is because tons of people who listen to mainstream hate screaming. I mean whats so bad about it? Its not like its louder, the volume of screamiing and singing are pretty much the same in music. People don't understand it, screaming shows power, mood, and emotion.

Lots of people think vocals are all about how clear your voice is, but its all about fitting the style. Also adding elements to music or amplifying the elements in it. Axl Rose really amplified Guns N' Roses's moods and everything. Plant added on elements to stuff like in Dazed and Confused.

Sometimes added elements from vocals can cancel out other elements. Such as DragonForce, the vocalist adds a bland sound that doesn't fit their music and destroys it, they should just get rid of their fucking singer. DragonForce has that thing where they like the music they make so much they don't see improvements they need. Also they're rich so they don't really wanna get rid of their singer.

But anyway back to the topic of Emo.

If people talk about Emo posers being the ones who get depressed over stupid things, then real Emos are just people who get depressed for good reasons.

Emo is a sub-genre of hardcore punk which started in the mid-1980s. What is called "emo" today has nothing to do with real emo, or emotive hardcore. My Chemical Romance is not emo, it is shitty corporate punk-pop. Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and Moss Icon are real emo.

Έρεβος;6472638 said:
Emo is a sub-genre of hardcore punk which started in the mid-1980s. What is called "emo" today has nothing to do with real emo, or emotive hardcore. My Chemical Romance is not emo, it is shitty corporate punk-pop. Rites of Spring, Fugazi, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and Moss Icon are real emo.

i said that like 8 posts ago, without as many bands.