What is going on with Dreamscape?

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Is the band's new album, Everlight going to come out this year still? Last I heard they had gotten a new singer. However, their Myspace page lists a bunch of different singers. I was wondering if anyone knows what the status of the band is.

Believe it or not, I just heard 5th Season for the first time and I really dig it!

Same story here...... I actually went on a bit of a Dreamscape bender last week, and played most of their discs at work. "End of Silence" really got me jonesing for a new album..... These guys were amazing, and need to re-surface somehow.

Funny, I was just playing them yesterday after a bit of a hiatus and was wondering what they were up to.

Great minds think alike, huh? :lol:

I have been checking some of their videos on YouTube and there's what seems to be a full concert from 2006 there. Does anyone if this has been released with any of the albums or anything like that? All I know is that the band is super tight in those and Roland sounds awesome.

PS. The song Somebody is killer!!

Dreamscape's done this before. I remember the period between Very and End of Silence people thought they were inactive. They'll be back, probably around 2015 or so.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/180630:

German progressive metallers DREAMSCAPE released their new album entitled Everlight on February 29th via silverwolf productions.

The album was written by guitarist Wolfgang Kerinnis and keyboardist David Bertok (SUBSIGNAL), with drummer Danilo Batdorf and bassist Ralf Schwager (Subsignal) serving as the rhythm section.

After the split from vocalist Mischa Mang, the band decided to record the new album with a multitude of singers. Guest vocals on the album are: Arno Menses (Subsignal), Erik Ez (ex-PLATITUDE), Francesco Marino, Herbie Langhans (BEYOND THE BRIDGE, SEVENTH AVENUE), Dilenya Mar (Beyond The Bridge), Mike DiMeo (ex-RIOT, ex-MASTERPLAN), Nando Fernandez (HANGAR), Oliver Hartmann (HARTMANN, AVANTASIA), Roland Stoll (ex-Dreamscape).

Untitleddream.png

LOVE that Nando Fernandes will sing on it.

HATE the whole "we'll have a bunch of singers perform different songs" thing. It's a big problem on why Avantasia/Ayreon albums will never be in my Top 10 of the year, no matter who's singing on it... :\

I'm the opposite, I like the variety of voices. Keeps things interesting. This is another band I'd never heard of until I got to this forum. And the samples I've heard have been mostly, "this is a pretty good DT clone" thoughts. So I have high hopes that the new album will take them into their own realm and really bootstrap them up to a new level.

I wonder if this is something they are going to do from now on??? I have always loved dreamscape, but I would probably not be so much into them if they did the numerous singers from now on. Too much like a rock opera or special project they are doing. Not sure how it is going to collaborate with the kind of sound they have.

I am bummed about the lack of the 'classic lineup' - but I have heard the samples from their Facebook page and what I have heard sounds pretty cool.

(and no offense - I am glad they dumped the guy from Ivanhoe because he just didn't seem to fit as far as I was concerned...)