What is normal?

I sort of agree with Papa Opeth. For everybody, normal is yourself, and everyone else isn't normal. That's how I look at it.

I'm normal, i promise...

lalalalalla

dum de dum de dum

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

wooh wooh!

toot toot!

honk

ye-hah!

We had this discussion in Psychology class, actually. Normal = according to the norm. Unnormal = differing from the norm. Yep. Sorry, but that's it. :p It can of course be discussed what is the norm, and when, and where. Hearse here, for example, might be very normal for your average stone age man on Mars, whereas he might not be so normal, in his 21st century Finland. ;)
(just kidding with you, Hearse...) :)

Belial: I was worried like hell that I wasn't normal. Now I know that I'm actually above average.

Ha-haaa...nice one.

Normal. I was in a room of friends and they were all being silly bastards as usual and one of them comes out with... "Lynn's the closest to normal out of all of us." and I was a little perturbed by it. I've always seen normal as sort of boring. I felt...something negative because of it. I didn't want to be effected by it, but I was. I knew it was because of my view of what's normal. Apparently it was...demeaning.

So I shaved my head bald and super glued green and orange yarn from my scalp. :D

That'll learn em. :err:

Call me normal again will ya.

:loco:

Originally posted by Opet
So I shaved my head bald and super glued green and orange yarn from my scalp. :D

That'll learn em. :err:

Call me normal again will ya.

:loco:

Hehe, you go girl! That's crazy! :loco:

And I am glad to report that I am above normal too, not by much, but I'll take it! I just hate those mofos with 8.5 and over. Bastards. ;)

Originally posted by Opth_001
normal = acceptable amount of weirdness

anymore and your a freak

any less and your weird

:)

This is actually cool, consider this quote stolen ! :)

"Normal" is a subjective creation of a hive's collective consciousness, and is a response to the hive's sense of security. "Normal" is a useless concept in real discussions, because this criteria is not real.

D Mullholand