What is the best Mouse to use for a studio?

I think that the wireless mouse thing is more of an apple problem. when I did tech support for them, I would dread the "trouble pairing wireless mouse" issues. the apple wireless mouse is so god damn finicky, It unpairs from the computer fucking constantly, the only way to get it paired again is to shut down the computer, remove the batteries. wait ten seconds, power on the computer, put the batteries back in. what a pain in the ass! Imagine trying to explain that process to a 80 years old woman!

by the way: love the new profile pic!

I had a mighty mouse. Had to take it apart (means breaking it :erk:) to clean the track ball twice.

Then I decided it wasn't worth it.

Bought a cheapo HP $20 mouse, 2 buttons and scroll. I have a couple control surfaces so I dun car bout the mouse that much.

optical is the way to go. i tore that mighty mouse apart cos the build up of dirt was driving me nuts. Tat's one failed Apple product in my book.

optical is the way to go. i tore that mighty mouse apart cos the build up of dirt was driving me nuts. Tat's one failed Apple product in my book.

yep it happens to EVERY apple mighty mouse!

A good way to fix it temporarily is to rub the scroll ball vigorously on a blank sheet of printer paper for about a min. eventually the censor gets fucked and there is no repairing it.

I think that the wireless mouse thing is more of an apple problem. when I did tech support for them, I would dread the "trouble pairing wireless mouse" issues. the apple wireless mouse is so god damn finicky, It unpairs from the computer fucking constantly, the only way to get it paired again is to shut down the computer, remove the batteries. wait ten seconds, power on the computer, put the batteries back in. what a pain in the ass! Imagine trying to explain that process to a 80 years old woman!

by the way: love the new profile pic!

Thanks dude! And yeah, fuck that reconnect nonsense, Microsoft and Logitech are the way to go it would seem!

My mighty mouse broke, bought another, broken within a month ( yes, the scrollball)

I bought a Logitech Trackman Wheel, and been really happy with it

I got this combo
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=104
The mouse wheel sucks, it doesn't scroll so fast!
But it's just that, because the rest is totally fine, I mean: the mouse moves smoothly, the keyboard is great.. you gotta get used to the fact that the "home" "end" "pgup" "pgdown" buttons are positioned differently, but once you're used to it, you're done!
My advice is to buy a logitech mouse, they're just better!

I just use a cheap Logitec optical mouse with a scroll. I'm really happy with it.
mighty mouse is nice because of the 360 scrolling and you can use it on nearly every surface

How often do you need 360 scrolling? I only scroll that way in the DAW by just clicking on the scroll and moving the mouse around. Is there more to this function of the mighty mouse?

Like I said about the mighty mouse, you can fix it you just have to BREAK IT in order to fix it. That grey ring on the bottom of the mouse has to be snapped off (broken apart) so you can pull the mouse apart. The first time I did it I said "you know, I'm gonna have to do this again" so I only put 2 small dabs of super glue back on the ring so I could pop it back off again.

Overall it's a shit mouse, the side buttons were infuriating and the lack of ability to REALLY clean the scroll ball is the ultimate fail in design.

Now I just have a cheap optical mouse with right left click and up down scroll. More than enough in combination with my mackie universal control.

it allows you to scroll sideways which is a luxury that is hard to live without after you have tried it. I !
Well, you can scroll sideways by clicking and holding the scroll wheel on a normal mouse and moving the mouse left/right. Besides, I don't really scroll sideways a lot with 2048X1050 resolution.

mine

Razer_Diamondbac_494f7d0ca49fb.jpg

I just use my control surface for that shit. :lol:

haha well thats just a glorified oversized mouse haha

seriously untill you have used a mighty mouse's 360 degree turning, you don't know what you are missing in terms of scrolling around the edit window. whenever my mighty mouses have got fucked (scroll wheel gets dirty very quick) its a pain to have navigate like normal. that said at least apple replaces the mice for free :)

Someone other than apple (since lets face it they failed). Needs to release a 360 scroll ball 2 button optical mouse (have a look inside the mighty mouse, it's not REALLY a 2 button mouse, honestly I don't truly get how it does work because right or left your still clicking the same switch). Only the ball needs to be removable so it doesn't get fucked up.

Does anyone use one of these crazy fucks?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ShuttlePro2/

It looks like it would piss me off more than anything, but who knows maybe someone here has one setup to do things only God could do on a mac/pc. :lol:

i do. its awesome. I mapped the hotkeys to differenent edit views and the jog/shuttle wheel is great, much less space than a mackie control. I'm great with kbd shortcuts but jog/shuttle is one thing that needs its own control obviously.