What is the best reverb plugin?

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
I still haven't been able to find a reverb plug that I'm happy with, the best one that I have found so far is the Toraverb plugin, which is good but doesn't sound quite right to me.

I need a reverb plugin that will sound good on snares and clean guitars, what would you dudes say is THE best reverb plugin?

From what it seems, lexicon's new plugin is the best verb around these days but its way more expensive than almost all other plugin verbs.

if you are looking for a cheaper verb, i love the 112db redline reverb, very versatile and really awesome tails at the end of the verb. eos gets good reviews too.

I'm not sure what would constitute the "best" - I'm sure the new Lexicon stuff is great, but surely out of my price range. For my own usage, I've tended to try and stick with what I have (as with most tools I try not to look elsewhere until I have fully explored the capabilities of what I already have),so I'm still using generally only three reverb plug-ins - Cakewalk's Perfect Space convolution reverb that came with Sonar Producer - it's powered by Voxengo, and for algorithmic reverb, I'm still using IKMultimedia's CSR Classik Studio Reverb (I acquired it in a group buy quite a while ago), and the other one that came with Sonar - Sonitus: Reverb. I also occasionally use the older Lexicon Pantheon Reverb that shipped with older versions of Sonar. I find that with just those four I get the results I'm looking for. I find that if I keep trying different reverbs I end up never getting the results I'm going for and only spending money on plug-ins I wont use.

So for now it's just those four (three of which came with my DAW) - until I feel I've exhausted their capabilities I'll just stick with what I have as I think all are working for me just fine.

Cakewalk Perfect Space:

Cakewalk_PerfectSpace_edit.jpg

IKMultimedia CSR:

classik_studio_reverb.jpg

Sonitus: Reverb

sonitus-reverb.gif

Lexicon Pantheon Reverb:

pantheon.jpg

There are just too many choices - I could waste way too much time trying to find the sound I want out of newer products when I can use what I have and get reliable results quickly. It works for me - as always, your mileage may vary.

There are just too many choices - I could waste way too much time trying to find the sound I want out of newer products when I can use what I have and get reliable results quickly. It works for me - as always, your mileage may vary.

Exactly...

The best? I've yet to hear anything that trumps the Bricasti impulses with Sir 2. Those impulses are free by the way.

Have to agree with "it's hard to say what's best". It always depends on what your trying to achieve and of course the source material.

Try playing around with stacking reverbs or putting a delay behind it.

Very true with the "best" comments. I usually judge reverbs as how close I can get to Sneaps typical snare verb. Ive heard its a medium room but ive always gotten much closer with a medium plate. Thats my drum verb aim anyway.

The best? I've yet to hear anything that trumps the Bricasti impulses with Sir 2. Those impulses are free by the way.

This is what I use; the Bricasti M7 impulses with Space Designer in Logic.

They're free downloads; first page in the google search if I remember correctly

I don't know what DAW you're using but there is probably a free impulse loader for it