What is the MOST METAL VEGETABLE?

I'm reading through the script now, and it says that the role of Killer Tomato #47 calls for a "petite japanese woman, preferably with braids"

I don't know where your sense is, silly goose, but good luck anyway!

dev37.jpg

I fail to describe his solo stuff, you just have to hear it.

I really sounds like nothing else.
And I couldn't tell you what album to start with because they are all different an amazing.

so, I can't help you unless you want me to send you some stuff, because reccomending Devy is mad hard because I usually just say "buy it all"

he has a page on MP3/com you can check out.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/240/devin_townsend1.html

what's wrong with that?

Alot of his stuff is defnately catchy.

My fav aspect is the dense wall of sound, everything is just huge, layers of keys, guitar, vocals, fat sounding drums.

His music is more about emotion and atmosphere then trying to rape you with weirdness and complexity.

"Terria" may be more to your liking...check out "Mountain" or "Earth Day"

great lyrics too IMO...because there is no filter, it's like his feelings and his state of mind at that exact moment in plain english.

here's the words of the intro of SYL's City....and it really sheds some light on his state of mind at the time.
And then the music illustrates it.

I want to be where the action isit's time againwe won't get a second chanceeverything is dyingfuck sleep, fuck beauty, I know I have to make it aloneit's 2:45 a.m. and I'm freaking outall I can think of is glory, and I'm sitting in burnabyat 2:45 in the fucking morningfreaking the fuck outone month and I'm gone foreverfuck this once and for all...and just like all those bullshit jobsI swore I'd never go back toI swear I'll never go back to this lifefuck thiscan you believe this shit people?all you stupid fucking peoplewith your useless fucking livesand your bullshit prioritiesand your sick fucking warsand your pathetic religionand your shit musicand your sick fucking hatebullshit, sitcom, north american ignorancea new time is comingand we know you're awake in therewho's your daddy?

the thing i find most interesting about devin townshend based on the very little interaction i have had with his music is that when i saw him in atlanta he didn't play with a ton of keyboaridsts or guitarists to replicate the layers, it was just a stripped down rock band with one keyboardist, a second guitarist, bassist, and drums(not gene hoglan unfortunately).

And having not heard any of his music before seeing him live i really loved his performance and some of the bigness was evident for the most part but it wasn't layered and thick. In fact when you strip away the layers it comes out as this sort of sabbathy type of riff metal that is very cool and fun to listen to, as well as devin's goofy stage mannerisms.

Now hearing Terria I hear the stuff that was missing but still it amazes me how the songs can translate well in both the studio and live formats seeing as how he is mostly a studio guy as of late.

anyway i am downloading other mp3's to get a sense of his other albums. I am fascinated now!