what is the most obscure band you listen to

"Adramelch - Irae Melanox
Italian Prog Metal, released one Album that is easily as good as Images and Words, while sounding completely unique, then promptly vanished into obscurity."

Irae Melanox is a masterpiece but not prog for me ..just power metal with a really unique sound and melodies......as for obscure bands i would say the ones that i like most..
Slauter Xstroyes:Their "Winterkill" album defines progressive heavy metal: www.slauterxstroyes.com
Garden Wall-Progressive metal from Italy , influenced by Rush, Watchtower and lunacy:http://www.progressor.net/garden-wall/
Thunder Rider-Amazing epic metal from Canada , unique sound, amazing vocals, and true poetry in lyrics:http://www.total.net/~trider/main.htm
Vauxdvihl-Progressive metal from Australia their "To Dimension Logic" album is one of the best prog albums ever
Defender:power Speed metal with great riffing from Holland:www.defender-music.com

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
"Adramelch - Irae Melanox
Italian Prog Metal, released one Album that is easily as good as Images and Words, while sounding completely unique, then promptly vanished into obscurity."

Irae Melanox is a masterpiece but not prog for me ..just power metal with a really unique sound and melodies......as for obscure bands i would say the ones that i like most..
Slauter Xstroyes:Their "Winterkill" album defines progressive heavy metal: www.slauterxstroyes.com
Garden Wall-Progressive metal from Italy , influenced by Rush, Watchtower and lunacy:http://www.progressor.net/garden-wall/
Thunder Rider-Amazing epic metal from Canada , unique sound, amazing vocals, and true poetry in lyrics:http://www.total.net/~trider/main.htm
Vauxdvihl-Progressive metal from Australia their "To Dimension Logic" album is one of the best prog albums ever
Defender:power Speed metal with great riffing from Holland:www.defender-music.com
Well, i completely agree... Andramelch is power/epic, but their unique sound is of progressive attitude.And Slauter Xstroyes... I have the LP "Winterkill" which is totally crazy... and i have their "free the beast" CD... need i say if it is good? These guys kill... (And there is this band "winterkill" which consists of x-SX members, check it out)
"To dimension logic" is magnificent. An piece of brilliant art covered by excellent musicianship...
And if Psychotic Waltz is considered obscure... Uofthestorm stay obscure dude... Both TR and Defender are phuuuuuuuuu... Awesome...:headbang: :headbang:

Aussie Aussie Aussie.... Oi... Oi... Oi...!!

Decent band... Maybe not the best... but decent. They aren't really obscure are they?

Originally posted by Trapped

Aussie Aussie Aussie.... Oi... Oi... Oi...!!

Decent band... Maybe not the best... but decent. They aren't really obscure are they?
They are more obscure than Spiral Architect. And from Martyr of course...

What about Exhorder? Anyone remember them. I had there 2nd release "The Law" and I think they had another called "Slaughter In The Vatican". They were thrash/power groove, and one article refered to them as "Pantera on Crack". I think they have broken up or have formed other bands. Cheers.

Hey Texas Fried Criminal, Maudlin of the Well kick major ass...I actually know their guitar player - Greg Massi, he use to work at the local Guitar Center here. They are all really down to earth and awesome people...also their music is really crazy and awesome.

Some of the obscure bands I listen to:
Invocator - Technical Thrash
Acid Bath - Purely awesome doom
Goatwhore - Great Black Metal
The Year of Our Lord - Alright melodic BM
Betrayer - Isreali Deat/Thrash
Substance for God - Israeli Doom
Sleepless - Israeli experimental band
Cirith Gorgor - kick ass BM
Necrophagist - Insane death metal band from Germany

Just an addition:
Oliver Magnum: Definition of US Power Metal
Mystic Force
Gargoyle
Screamer
Deadly Blessing

Power Metal at its finest... Really forgotten Jewels...

The Exhorder singer guy is now in Floodgate. Although they might have broken up I have no idea. I don't like Floodgate at all, and I don't remember what they sound like, but I have one record and I just described it as boring.

CORPORATION 187

they're death-thrash along the lines of Carnal Forge or The Haunted.. nobody seems to know they exist, though. Great stuff, check out their album Subliminal Fear.

:headbang:

Parva-Wierd shit. Don't know genre they dont have an album out yet but i have a shitload of bootleged gigs.
65daysofstatic-White noise rock
Nerve-Punk done well. With Riffs and everything!
butterfinger-Full on rock
SG5-No one seems to know this amazing band

And ive seen 311 live. Whats the phrase? ah yes..."Peice of shit." They had ONE fan and even he didn't seem too impressed.