What is the your favorite project you've worked on?

ShadarLogoth

Long Dead God
Oct 1, 2005
Maine
www.shadar-logoth.com
What album or project that you've worked on at toproom has been your favorite, wether for challenge, fun or experimentation?

Also, what got your started and interested in recording?
(these questions directed toward mr. finstad)

looking forward to picking your brain more on this forum, great idea to start it.

A hard question to answer.. I have many favorits, but it was very fun to work with a album for children: "Asgeir-Sjefen over alle sjefer"! Top full-time famous musichians, lots of funny sounds etc. A really fun album to work with, and listen to. Extol "Synergy" is one of my best, the new Ava Inferi album, all Borkis stuff etc. But I really like to work with acoustical music, like classical, choir, blues and jazz. No plug-ins, freeking bassdrums, editing cause of the industri want the metalmusic played by robots...edited to death! All musicans in the studio playing live! 1-2-3-4! thats my favorit!

Børge

No plug-ins, freeking bassdrums, editing cause of the industri want the metalmusic played by robots...edited to death!

Is that something you try to fight against when working on a metal album? Or has this become something that you've come to accept when working in the genre?