What is YOUR favorite metal song ? What is the definitive oldschool metal song ?

When it comes to definitive old school metal songs, Sabbath pretty much tick all the boxes.

Definitive doom song? "Into the Void/Electric Funeral". Definitive Thrash? "Symptom of the Universe". Pop-metal? "Paranoid". Prog-metal? "Megalomania/Hand of Doom".

The list goes on.

Reactions: Wyvern
I think the three definitive Heavy Metal bands are Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Saxon. For me they each bear characteristics that later defined the genre in separation from the Hard Rock that came before it. My favourite metal song of all time is probably Stargazer by Rainbow and I think that would do well as THE definitive Heavy Metal song.

Reactions: Wyvern
I have several favorites, but, I guess my ultimate favorite metal song is "Nymphetamine" by Cradle of Filth...8-]]

Attachments

• !!!!11 a a00atonguexx00.jpg
    !!!!11 a a00atonguexx00.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 1
My favorite Metal song of all time is Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden. Most definitive old school Metal song would have to be Holy Diver.

Crazy Train rules. I could listen to it every day for the rest of my life, except I usually don't listen to the same CD two days in row.