I had an epiphany today.......

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
No, I didn't get religious........ I was on the way to work today and threw in some Vanden Plas (nothing new there) and it happened to be Christ 0. For some readon, I hadn't listened to that in a couple of months, I would say. Anyway, Silently came on and for some reason I said to myself, out loud even, that that is the best song ever written. What I said pretty much became true in my ears. Vanden Plas ripped my head off and then shit down my neck with that song after a couple of months not hearing it.
Certainly Vanden Plas is not a band for everybody, but if there is one song to check out by them, it is definitely that one. As much as I love the whole disc, I think I kept playing that one, until I got to work.

Bryant

Christ-O came to me a few years back, highly recommended. A trusted friend, whose opinion almost always meshed with mine, ranked this among the best metal albums ever. But, to my ears, it's a case of blah. I just don't get why it's so widely revered. It's not bad, but there are 10,000 other albums I'd choose over it.
But maybe I'm overlooking something….

Christ-O came to me a few years back, highly recommended. A trusted friend, whose opinion almost always meshed with mine, ranked this among the best metal albums ever. But, to my ears, it's a case of blah. I just don't get why it's so widely revered. It's not bad, but there are 10,000 other albums I'd choose over it.
But maybe I'm overlooking something….

Where do you live ? I think I should mail you a bomb !!! Ha ha ha ..... no problems, my friend. As I said in my original post, Vanden Plas is not for everyone. One of the reasons I DO pimp them here though, is because they do seem to be more universal as far as a "prog-metal" band. They simply do "prog" in a different way. It doesn't make them universal, but I find it makes them just a bit different and very unique.

Bryant

They simply do "prog" in a different way. It doesn't make them universal, but I find it makes them just a bit different and very unique.

Bryant

Agree, Not everybody will get what they do. They do not not sound like anybody else imo. That is what I like about them..

To pick a favorite song is hard to do with a band like this. I just listen to the whole cd and enjoy what they do.

Agree, Not everybody will get what they do. They do not not sound like anybody else imo. That is what I like about them..

To pick a favorite song is hard to do with a band like this. I just listen to the whole cd and enjoy what they do.

Thank you for the reply. I don't push "non-oldschoool" style bands here much that is not really relevant to this forum. However, I have pushed Vanden Plas on this forum since I have been here. The reason is simple...... they make awesome releases. They have had the same lineup since day one, as well.

Bryant