Vanden Plas to play in the US in 2011 @ PPUSAXII

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Normally I don't post much news from prog bands here, but since I have pushed VP so hard here, there are a few fans, (and I thank you for listening to hard-headed me) I am happy to announce Vanden Plas will co-headline the ProgpowerusaXII kick-off with Evergrey. Prog bands are typically ho-hum live, but just as vanden Plas have transcended into the oldschool forum, they have also transcended the boring "prog-band" stage persona. Andy Kuntz (the lead singer) has a day job as an actor/singer. He plays musicals in Germany and has played Judas in "Jesus Christ Superstar" all around Germany as well as playing lead roles in his own written stage plays.
His work as a performing artist in that form translates well to Vanden Plas. Vanden Plas is a machine with incredible emotion. They don't play live very often, but it is not because they aren't incredible at it. Be prepared !!!

Bryant

They may be that push that gets me to go. Though I will be very upset if they get screwed AGAIN with their papers.

Well I heard it all before that the paperwork was fixed then it wasn't. I'd be surprised if they do play.

I am definitely wary, but I was going either way. One thing I do know is that Glenn has some help from a "lawyer" now. I assume it is an immigration lawyer. He was able to pull off every band last year except one, and that was because they split up. I will stay on my guard, but I do expect them to make it this time.

Bryant

Hopefully I can scrape up the cash to go this year. I so want to see this band. I'm wary too about them and the fans getting screwed again but we'll see.