What is your opinion of Audix Fusion 15?

Saculus

Jan 15, 2008
What is your opinion of Audix Fusion 15? They are on sale at Musicians Friend for $49.99 each.

I had the Audix Fusion 7 pack, and it included the f15's. Decent for the price. Overheads/Hi-hats/acoustic guitars were what I used them on. I have since upgraded to the Audix Dp7. It is a difference in quality, but I found the F15's were pretty neutral.

I've used them on a couple of projects and I can't say I was all that convinced. Then again, those sessions were done in very modest conditions. For fifty bucks per SDC you can't go all that wrong if the mics are useful in even one situation, but don't expect them to sound like 184's either :)

They're decent mics, used em a load on some older projects and used em for spot mics a couple of times lately. For that cheap they wouldn't hurt for a spot cymbal mics

Screw it just ordered one, got a relative coming over from the states next week so a decent spot cymbal mic with a cable for 38 euro, how bad.

Yeah they are great for spot mic'ing ride and hats for sure, that's what I generally use them for (ride and china spot, usually NT1A on hats).

A bit of an exaggerration there, eh Loren? They aren't that bad. Not 184's of course, but they are useful to a degree.

Got mine there. Used a mate of mines before recording. Have only used mine live so far on hats. Was happy enough with it for that purpose so for even just that it's great value. Saves me bringing my oktavas to gigs.
Got a couple of sessions coming up later this month that I'm gonna use it on.