Audix DP7

avrinder

May 25, 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
Looking to upgrade my mics. I currently have the Audix Fusion 7 set, and Audix i5 at my disposal. Does anyone on this forum use the Dp7 kit, and have any input on them?

thanks for your time!

Your probs better buying microphones seperate and building your own set!

The D6 is a great kick microphone! Im personally not keen on the i5 i think the 57 does the jobs better IMO, as for the tom microphones they are wicked, but better out there........ just the clips in the dp7 set take the piss! there shit once agian my opinion but when i used the set at college the mics would not stop moving because of the clips!!

Personally i would buy an D6 seperate and go from there, 57's for the snares and e904's for the toms! should be around the price of the set aswell!

i have the DP-5a set and love it...IMO the i5 almost always kills a 57 on snare, and for the price of the bundle, it's still less than buying individual mics - so even if you don't use the drum mounts(which pretty much suck), you're still getting a flight case for free

the DP7 is the one that comes with the condensers for OH's, right? i know steered clear of that one because i already had SM81's for that...only needed mics for the shells

8 or 9 times out of 10 I pick the i5 out over the 57 for snare too. We had a little listening test and both preferred it. Recently had a live guy suggest throwing up a beyerdynamic m201nc on snare top and I loved it. Would be interested to play with it in the studio.

NT4 is ok but a bit limited in that you can only do coincident overheads. Would be better off with 2 mic's so you can do different setups. Go for a DP5a set and grab a couple of nice condensers for overheads.

i've got the Audix DP7 set and i am very satisfied with the mics. Like the i5 for snare, but thats my taste.
I bought it very cheap, for almost 650€. No way to get similar mics for the same price or less ;)