What I've Learnt: Gene Simmons

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
words of wisdom, my friends:

You can't argue with facts and figures. Either people want it, in which case they pay for it, or it's two guys sitting around at the Plaza having a discussion, which means nothing. I mean, Titanic. I wasn't crazy about the movie. But you know what? I'm gonna shut up, because the people have spoken. End of story!

My mother had a horrific life. At 14, she was in the Nazi concentration camps. Her sense about life now is, every day above ground is a good day. Just make yourself happy and don't hurt yourself. Make yourself happy.
Kiss is the number-one American band in gold-record sales. In the world, only the Beatles and the Stones are ahead of us. Every other band should be wiping my ass. The line forms over there to the left.

Prostitute yourself. As far as I'm concerned, that's even braver than waiting for the public to catch on.

I want more guys like Kurt Cobain and Jerry Garcia to become dried-up drug addicts and kill themselves. I totally defend all these rock stars' right to become heroin addicts and die. I want them all to die and get out of my way.

Up until the Asians started doing better in math, the Jews were the geniuses of the world! Einstein and almost every Nobel prize-forget about it, they're Jews! And that's because we don't play basketball. We study.

Anybody who picks up a guitar and tells you that there's some inner message that they're trying to convey … it's nonsense. They're not being honest. The reason they're doing this is they wanna get lots of chicks and they don't want to work for a living.

There's no message! Kiss is a Fourth of July fireworks show with a backbeat.

People say, "I want to get laid a lot and make lots of money." That's not the right order.

Dress British, think Yiddish.

A whore, in my estimation, has more credibility than a wife, and I'll tell you why. A wife is supposed to marry you for love. A whore is not there for love, she's there to service you. Now, the difference between them is a whore, before she does her work, will tell you exactly what it is. She'll tell you, "Blow job? This'll cost you seventy-five dollars. This is not love, and after I'm done I never want to see you again." Full disclosure is what they call it in court. A wife will tell you sh**. A wife will tell you nothing. She's about to marry you. If you get divorced, she's going to take 50 percent of your gross pretax dollars and try to get more. Now, before you get married, if you dare bring up the notion, "By the way, let's just be completely honest with each other, what happens if we break up?" she will cry and tell you, "That's so unromantic." You know who's more credible? The whore.

"You can't buy love with money." Only a poor person says that.

Just because I'm Jack Nicholson in the insane asylum doesn't mean I'm one of them. It's just where I live. You know, it's … I'm Gene Simmons, and all the others are pretenders to the throne. I love that phrase. I'm gonna love reading that back.

If you're building a house, or doing anything, time is what you've got. Well, there's effort, but you need time. The more time you put into something, the better stuff you can make. So, what I do is, I work seven days a week. I don't take vacations. Never have, actually. So I can put in more time. And I'm sober. I don't sleep all that much, but when I do, it's sound.

When you go into a restaurant and you ask a chef to make you a spinach soufflé, do you really care whether he personally likes spinach soufflés? No! It's his job to make you the best spinach soufflé you've ever had, whether he likes it or not. I'd like to think I'm a chef. I'm gonna make you the best goddamn spinach soufflé you ever had, you'll pay me for it, and I'll be happy you did.

You shall not covet thy neighbor's wife? Well, how about if she goddamn covets me? What do you think about that?

I think Christians are wrong. They're wrong because you're not judged by your actions, you're judged by your beliefs, which is to say that if you're Hitler and right before you die, you say, "Jesus, I'm sorry," you get a better chance of going to heaven than the millions of people you killed.

The Koran is actually a beautiful book. Some of it has some good ideas. But practically speaking, these guys are out of their minds.

You gotta hang on to life. You can let them drag you kicking and screaming off this earth, or you can sit with your colostomy bag and watch CNN. This old bastard who married Anna Nicole Smith? I get it. What are you gonna do, hang out with Grandma? Biology says you shouldn't. Biology says, "Get a young one."

I think I know it all, relatively speaking.

My mother used to say this to me when I was a kid: "I'd throw myself in front of a truck for you." Over and over again. I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. "What do you mean, you want to throw . . . you'll die." I say that to my kids now.

My last meal? A Double Whopper and a Linzer tart.

http://men.msn.com/articlees.aspx?cp-documentid=1084863

well, what do you think? i have always admired this guy's honesty.

I am a big fan of the 70's Kiss albums with Ace on Guitar(until Creatures of the Night), besides that, i think they are all millionaire smart assholes...that is all i have to say, lol.

I don't know him personally, and I don't believe the act he puts on in front of the camera or the audiance.

So there's my point :lol:

kiss will suck your money out of you and feed it directly into gene simmons' big fat ass.

sorry, i have no sympathy for the band or the guy.

Reactions: Hubster
This asshole Gene Simmons tried to sue King Diamond over face paint, what the fuck are you not rich enough Mr Simmons with your pop band Kiss. As if things couldn't get any more greedy, Mr Simmons owns the rights to the letters "OJ" what the hell kind of greedy shit is that. This guy makes me sick, and don't fuck up people, because he'll sue the shit out of ya.

^ Don't get angry, that's just what he's after. He's obviously not a happy guy, despite all his ranting about his money and chicks. Otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to prove himself by saying this crap.

although this was hilarious

"I think Christians are wrong. They're wrong because you're not judged by your actions, you're judged by your beliefs, which is to say that if you're Hitler and right before you die, you say, "Jesus, I'm sorry," you get a better chance of going to heaven than the millions of people you killed."

and double whopper = best last meal PERIOD

I never gave the band KISS a thought back in the day. Their not musicians they were and are a corporation built on greed. Imo, they never offered one valuable thing to music and never will. Has anyone listened to the turd of an album recently by Paul Stanly. Are you fuckin' kiddin' me? Capitalism at it's finest. Gene Simmons is nothing but a social retard. Every time I take a dump, I create Gene Simmons. KISS is/was the most horribly overrated "band" ever.

^ Don't get angry, that's just what he's after. He's obviously not a happy guy, despite all his ranting about his money and chicks. Otherwise he wouldn't feel the need to prove himself by saying this crap.

spot on! thats one of the simplest psychological approaches to anyone. why does he feel he needs to prove something to everyone all the time?

i enjoy kiss from time to time, though. of course i know they are manufactured, and are in it for the money and blah blah but i really enjoy some of their stuff..."say psycho circus" or "animalize." now "animalize" has some killer stuff!

I used to have 13 KISS albums on vinyl. I still enjoy some of it. Simple, loud, shiny rock pop. does exactly what it says on the tin.

Animalize did have some good stuff. Get All You Can Take is a statement of intent, if ever I heard one. :lol

Gene is full-on but does talk some sense:

My mother had a horrific life. At 14, she was in the Nazi concentration camps. Her sense about life now is, every day above ground is a good day. Just make yourself happy and don't hurt yourself. Make yourself happy.

Are Gene Simmons and Alice Cooper competing for the title of Biggest Look-At-Me Fuckwit In Music or something?

Unbelieveable how many people get roped into buying all that KISS shit. The absolute antithesis of integrity on all levels.