what khz and bit rate do you record at and why?

I see roughly 40% come in at 24/44.1, 35% at 48K, 15% at 88.2, and about 10% at 96Khz.
Hasn't really changed too much from that for me over the last decade or so.

Curious to know your point of view.. What do you think is better (for Metal) and why? Or maybe that's not a big difference?

Honestly, It's a tough call because there's so many things higher up on the list of importance when it comes to production decisions.

If your cpu has enough juice to run higher rate sessions without a hiccup, 88.2 is a nice way to go, but there's nothing standing in the way of great sounding stuff coming from 48 or 44.1.
You also see the claim that some converters excel at one sample rate over the other. I do a good amount of heavy stuff, and have heard brilliant and not so good stuff from the different rates across the board.

Reactions: BassTard
Im rocking 44.1 and 24 bit

Honestly I have not spent the time messing around with higher rates because i feel like it isn't needed, and i enjoy the stability of what i've been working at.

I'll have to at least try 48khz soon.

48K / 24Bit - 32Bit float when possible for me. When I first started out recording I was using 96K simply because I could and when you don't know too much about it the bigger the better right? Now I use 48K, can't say I can pick out a massive difference in terms of sound quality but my choice is based on going just above the minimum/standard because again why not get a little more headroom even if it's hard to percieve. Plus I also had a few occaisions when I ran out of audio tracks in PT using 96K which was annoying.

44.1 - 24/bit the industry standard.

I can go up to 48Khz if it's a really serious project that will include a video,
but then again I am perfectly fine with 44.1 again too.

Anything less can be heard (in a bad way) anything more than that
I don't believe it's worth it. This is just my humble opinion of course.