What kinda laptop can I get for $500?

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
The wife wants a laptop but doesnt want to spend the minimum $1000 I told her it would be. Are there some cheaper shitz out there? And I don't mean something I can get at Wal-mart.

I'd say a pretty crappy one.

Mine cost 2200$. I've had it for 3 years and it still runs like the first day. If you don't want to spend money, get ready to spend time on repairs. And time = money.

The best ones you can get are IBM Thinkpads (this is the model I own) and I read in magazines that it is the best in quality/price ratio you can get.

I've been thinking about getting an ibook or something. I think they are expensive though =\

kifmToysAllTiger_Electronics_Bob_the_Builder_Fun_with_Bob_Laptop_Computer_Learning_Toy1-resized200.jpg

you can actually get some pretty decent laptops for around $500-$600. the specs are alright, you might not be able to run the very latest games but other than that they'll do just about anything you need. go to electronics stores in town and you should be able to find something adequate.

What Mormagil said. It's not like the wife is going to be running the latest gaming software, just productivity/business crap and blogs/geek shit