What movies made you cry while or after watching?

Illnath said:
I remember crying the whole time when I saw ET..I must have been 6 years old or something :ill:

Yeah, I cried over ET when I was a little kid too, not because it was sad... because it scared the shit out of me.
I cant remember crying over a movie in the last while. I think the return of the king gave me the warm cheek feeling just before cloudy eyes.. but it never went any further. :Spin:

MetalSteph said:
I went and saw this really bad Jim Carey movie (the Majestic) a few years ago with a bass player and singer friend of mine..... they both cried when Jim's dad died. I still can't imagine crying at any Jim Carey movie.... but then again, I don't have a heart.

Hey, the majestic was awesome and yes i teared up a little during the part where jim's dad died.

Karmic said:
Lion King, totally.

Hehehe, ok, not laughing at you, but this reminds me of a funny story. The first time I saw The Lion King was at the Imax in Chicago with two of my roommates and one of their friends, and as we were leaving the theater one of them says "Ok, so raise your hand if you almost cried when Mufasa died" and all three of them raised their hands and I just looked at them like "What!?"

Then the comments started like "You have no soul!" and "You are an empty shell of a man!" Its a recurring joke that comes up now and then, ie: I have no soul because I didn't cry when Mufasa died. The truth is, besides not getting super emotional over most movies, I just didn't think the death scene was that compelling in any way. It seemed like typical Disney trying to trick me into being sad that a giant cartoon lion died.

yes, but it was an old classic, different from the newer, worse movies.

name a disney movie before Lion King where someone dies to make it emotional.
I don't know, so I'm loosely basing my current theory off that.

And I didnt cry, because I only cry when slapped.

I'm also a movie boohoo baby:

The Little Mermaid (the fucking depressing old anime version)
All dogs go to Heaven
Somewhere in time
Donnie Darko
Jacob's Ladder
family man
All my heros still wear masks
Grave of the Fireflies
Return of the king......and mucho others

these all have made me cry one way or the other..death is usually the cause.
Sometimes I watch something that reminds me of being a child, and I get sad over the nostalgia...i guess.

i wanted to see the notebook badly...i like love stories.....

Tuck Everlasting i thought was very very touching...and i saw it at a time in my life where "Time" was such a huge part of me....(i even studied nevermore lyrics cus warrel seems to mention time alot in his lyrics)

anyways it made me cry....very sad....i saw brave heart for the first time on sunday night...didnt make me cry...touching but i didnt cry for some reason...i guess its beause he promised his wife that he will love her forever...then slept with that queen lady...i didnt like that...and DONT tell me that guys have needs..this is a movie...guys shouldnt have needs!!!