What Music Have You Bought Recently?

11024601_155_155.jpeg

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction

Pretty good huh? One of my biggest problems with DT is that a lot of their stuff tends to sound the same to me, but not this album.

Pretty good huh? One of my biggest problems with DT is that a lot of their stuff tends to sound the same to me, but not this album.

Really? I'm a big DT fan, and this is probably the only album that I feel that they're treading familiar ground. It's definately a good album, but it's not somehting we haven't seen before.

Really? I'm a big DT fan, and this is probably the only album that I feel that they're treading familiar ground. It's definately a good album, but it's not somehting we haven't seen before.

Well, I'm not too too familiar with all their stuff, only four or five of their albums. it's not so much that each of their albums sound the same, more that each album seems to have less dynamic. Character seemed pretty mono-chrome, as did the album before it. Maybe it's just the vocals that make me feel that way. Very good though, you're right.

Yeah, Fiction is pretty good. In all honesty though, I haven't given it a whole lot of listens yet. Not enough to make a definitive judgment. And the only other DT I have it The Gallery.

Recently DL'ed from eMusic: (in kind of an "ethnic metal" mood, I guess)

11083426_155_155.jpeg

Melechesh - Emisarries

10996530_155_155.jpeg

Orphaned Land - Mabool

11020506_155_155.jpeg

Negura Bunget - OM

On order from Amazon:

51h8%2B2zc2GL._SS500_.jpg

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (2 Disc DVD)

Avantasia - The Scarecrow
7xw543k.jpg

Ayreon - Y? (01011001)
01011001.jpg

and waiting for Opeth - Ghost Reveries (SE) to arrive in mail

Opeth: Lamentations
Opeth: Blackwater Park [Limited] [ECD] 2-CD
MOONSORROW - Chapter V:
MOONSORROW - Verisakeet
MOONSORROW - Kivenkantaja
MOONSORROW - Suden Uni
DAYLIGHT DIES - Dismantling Devotion
ORPHANED LAND story ( ltd 2 cd set)
Metalocalypse - Season 1

Did you hear about the Wacken fiasco with these guys? Hilarious...

After reading your post, I googled it. Geez...Can you imagine if they didn't realize the error until the gig? Epic fuckup, anyhow. Love how they confirmed that they weren' the right Cynic....oh, wikipedia...So will the US version of Cynic actually be playing Wacken?