What Music Have You Bought Recently?

eMusic DL's:

for my 3 year old (better than the Wiggles...this will make car trips a tad less annoying)
11208154_155_155.jpeg

Barenaked Ladies - Snacktime

11205266_155_155.jpeg

Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde

you've done it again ... gonna buy that one soon. french shoegazing metal ... who could've thought. Say, do you know Spoonfed Hybrid?

No. I assume I should check 'em out?

I honestly don't know how I found Alcest...someone's list on eMusic, I think. Or maybe a list on Amazon. It is REALLLLLY good. It's one of those albums I think my non-metal friends (which = pretty much all of them!) will like.

No. I assume I should check 'em out?

It wasn't exactly meant as a recommendation. I was just curious if you know them, since the association popped up in my head when I listened to Alcest. Anyway, you can check them out here: http://www.myspace.com/spoonfedhybrid if you like. Not exactly shoegazing and definitely no metal relation ... wikipedia classifies it as dream pop. I happen to own their self-titled debut. It's just some modest, calm, nice, slightly melancholic stuff that I like ;)

Lifelover - Pulver 12" LP (300 copies, bought from ex-member LR)
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me PIC LP (500 copies, handnumbered)
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me 12" LP + 10" bonus (100 copies, handnumbered)
Aska - Där Vanvett Gror 12" LP (500 copies)
Aska - Där Vanvett Gror CD (1000 copies)

I didn't buy, but I got for my birthday.

Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun

Zappa Plays Zappa DVD

I now have to buy whatever album Village of the Sun is on.

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos

Petrucci owns...if they'd just replace LaBrie and get rid of those shitty keyboards, they'd be in my top 3 bands

I just inherited my father's record collection...bunch of Sabbath, Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Genesis, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Grateful Dead, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Bruce Springsteen, The Doors and so much more...does that count?

Going to be buying Watershed SE and Fas - Ite Maledicti in Ignem Aeternum soon as well as angL and Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice