What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Got my Fas vinyl today. Sounds great, so well presented, the 20 page glossy booklet is great. Came with a nice big poster of the front cover as well. Oh and bought Scott Walker- Tilt.

Just ordered...

Novembers Doom - Sculptured Ivy and Stone Flower reissue w/t-shirt
Novembers Doom - Amid It's Hallowed Mirth reissue w/t-shirt
Trinacria - Travel Now Journey Infinitely (this sounds SO FUCKING AWESOME, I can't wait to get my paws on it :headbang:)
OPETH - WATERSHED SE :kickass:

Went to the second hand store and brought with me some gifts for myself and my friend.

961.jpg
958.jpg

1178349319_05_terminal_spirit_disease_1994.jpg
mastodoncd6b935eiy0.jpg

fjfipuwyro.jpg
3061.jpg

9905.jpg
B00000JG41.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mayhem - Chimera
Mayhem - Mediolanum Capta Est
At The Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease
Mastodon - Leviathan
Mastodon - Remission
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Nasum - Grind Finale
Mr Bungle - California

Went to the second hand store and brought with me some gifts for myself and my friend.

Mayhem - Chimera
Mayhem - Mediolanum Capta Est
At The Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease
Mastodon - Leviathan
Mastodon - Remission
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
Nasum - Grind Finale
Mr Bungle - California

Kewwwwwwwwl. Not heard the Mayhem ones though, shocking i know. The rest = wheee.. Actually, can't remember if that's the Nasum album i've heard.. Fuck it.

Bought shitlods on tour!

Let's see. I bought:

Napalm Death The Code is Red...Long Live the Code
Thievery Corporation The Cosmic Game
another Thievery Corporation album of remixes of theirs, can't remember the name offhand
Elysian Fields Dreams That Breathe Your Name
Isaac Hayes Hot Buttered Soul
Isaac Hayes Soul Legends
Earth The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
Switchblade s/t [2006]
Nils Petter Molvær Remade
A Joe Dassin double LP (just for one song...shit, I should have just tried to rather find a single)
Porcupine Tree Metanoia
Calexico Hot Rail

Then I was given:
Serge Gainsbourg Initials SG
and a Hypnos69 album I forget the name of.

And today I got Watershed. And at another store, I saw a remastered double Death Symbolic digipack edition that I think I want. My old CD has seen better days. :zombie:

Earth The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull

And today I got Watershed. And at another store, I saw a remastered double Death Symbolic digipack edition that I think I want. My old CD has seen better days. :zombie:

How'd you like Bees? I didn't enjoy it all that much, it was far too repetitive and almost country sounding for my tastes upon the first few listens.

Also, definitely pick up the Symbolic remaster. It sounds punchier than the original imo, and the demo tracks with Chuck, Steve DiGiorgio, and Gene Hoglan (programming the drums) are amazing imo.

Yeah, I think I'll collect that today. And since I'm so accustomed to my old CD version, I guess I'll get a little jolt out of the revamped mastering as an added bonus!

I liked Bees. I hear you on the repetitive thing, but I find that in most Earth material (that I've heard so far anyway), and I bought it without having heard a single note. I fell for the packaging.:oops: Plus, I ran around asking the organiser if he'd heard it, and would he recommend it to someone who liked Hex, for example. But it was hard to get a definite response from the man, since he was stoned at the time, so I just bought it because I like Earth, and I fell for the pretty pictures and black box covering.

Then I had this whole plan of waiting until I got home, having some red wine, lighting some candles when listening to that for the first time, but I ended up thinking Nicklas (Anekdoten) might like it, so I ended up playing it in the van. And he liked it, as did I. And I wonder if that's why I did...that country thing you were talking about...it really works when it's playing while you're driving in a van through pasture-rich countries.

Haven't listened to it since I cam back home, but I intend to today.

Nic, I've now listened to it AGAIN travelling (this time on a subway) AND while reading a Desmond Morris book, and I have to say that I like a great deal. It lends itself to everything I use it for at this point...I'm certainly not sorry I purchased it!

I just got the new Ihsahn album AngL, anyone else get this? Definetly the best stuff from Mr. Emperor since the last Emperor album!! Really solid good album and way better than his first solo and every bit better than anything ever from Peccatum!! Hail Ihsahn!! Now get Emperor back together and write some more for darkest band ever. Come to think of it the new album from Ihsahn is pretty much a Emperor record minus the rest of the guys. Its definetly in the same vein but just toned down a bit on the brutal parts.

Giant Squid - Metridium Fields
Stolen Babies - There be Squabbles Ahead
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - In Glorious Times

Will pick up Watershed Tuesday.

eMusic DL's:

10909937_155_155.jpeg

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

11082956_155_155.jpeg

Enslaved - Blodhemn

10594030_155_155.jpeg

Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance

11201781_155_155.jpeg

Nektar - Journey to the Center of the Eye

I just got the new Ihsahn album AngL, anyone else get this? Definetly the best stuff from Mr. Emperor since the last Emperor album!! Really solid good album and way better than his first solo and every bit better than anything ever from Peccatum!! Hail Ihsahn!! Now get Emperor back together and write some more for darkest band ever. Come to think of it the new album from Ihsahn is pretty much a Emperor record minus the rest of the guys. Its definetly in the same vein but just toned down a bit on the brutal parts.

i bought it when it came out, i love it. cant stop listening to it. although all that will change once watershed is in my hands tomorrow.