What Music Have You Bought Recently?

NineFeetUnderground said:
dont flatter yourself. what makes you think i was talking specifically about you?
you weren't talking specifically about me, but me exclaiming the purchase of such an obscure unheard of metal album as Paranoid hardly falls out of the realm of ridicule

most of the other more recent posts include TMV, Camel, Jethro Tull, Nevermore, plus others... all of which are of high praise on this board/from you or from the prog thread... I'm not exactly sure why after spending so much time contributing to band discussion and the prog thread you'd all the sudden lash out against people who actually buy the albums of the bands being discussed, and which were of all things actually RECOMMENDED to them to purchase in the first place?

Ihsahn - The Adversary (rounding out my recent foray into Emperor)
At the Gates - Gardens of Grief
Barenaked Ladies - Barenaked Ladies Are We (mostly for the wife, but kind of mellow and fun anyhow. Haters can kiss my ass, cuz I don't give a fuck.)

Ulver - a quick fix of melancholy - Bergtatt
Arcturus - la masquerade infernale
My dying bride - turn loose the swans
Paatos - timeloss
Porcupine tree - the sky moves sideways
Empyrium - Weiland
Dargaard - eternity rites
Agalloch - ashes against the grain
Anathema - a fine day to exit
Anathema - a moment in time DVD

soundave said:
Barenaked Ladies - Barenaked Ladies Are We (mostly for the wife, but kind of mellow and fun anyhow. Haters can kiss my ass, cuz I don't give a fuck.)
I heard that One Week song a few days ago. I had completely forgotten they even existed. 'Twas Blast from the past, I can tell you.

god...these fucking predictable purchases and now playing lists are going to drive me insane. you kids need to start thinking for yourselves sometime soon, or at least do some of your own fucking footwork. jesus tap dancing christ.

Geez man, it's not like the same ppl are buying the same albums.. Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

I'll be posting some Camel in here at some point, simply because I haven't got around to buying any yet. They're predicable, but since I don't own them, I want to buy them.

House of Seance said:
I'm not exactly sure why after spending so much time contributing to band discussion and the prog thread you'd all the sudden lash out against people who actually buy the albums of the bands being discussed.

Because its just simply more fun. I honestly just dont care anymore. Not that i did much in the first place.

Because its just simply more fun. I honestly just dont care anymore. Not that i did much in the first place.
we know there's a big heart in there somewhere

show some luv

Opeth Blackwater Park
Metallica Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden Number of Teh Beast
Led Zeppelin IV
Black Sabbath Paranoid
Deep Purple Made In Japan
Dream Theater Images and Words
The Beatles St Pepper
Beach Boys Pet Sounds
Radiohead Ok Computer