What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Nothinggod said:
I thought Dream Theater and Fall Out Boy were the same band only with a different singer.
that was my point in quoting this. they both blow, though the person who said this obviously felt otherwise. the opeth part is more or less irrelevant, except perhaps for the :lol: that comes with considering dream theater musically equivalent to opeth in any way shape or form

I don't know about comparing Dream Theater to Opeth per se. I guess it depends on what particular elements you are talking about. Whether one or the other "blows" or not is a matter of opinion too, I guess. On the other hand elements of Opeth don't seem to think certain elements of Dream Theater are a complete loss, it seems.

Which reminds me. The last record I bought was Blood Mountain. Now there is a great example of fans being completely sucked in to making complete morons of themselves to the profit of all involved.

Seagalmojopriest.jpg

Surprisingly, its actually kind of enjoyable.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i want you to buy a rock history book before you buy anymore music. i feel you need to understand what it is youre buying and why youre buying it first and foremost.

I know nothing about rock really...and I am too late to read any history in any kind of music...I was a metalhead who was listening to metal only...and to shity bands too...but thanks to you and this forum...that helped me to open my mind to other music...and about my buyings...I see the recommendations you put here and from the others ...then go download them from soulseek ... and then if I liked and loved the album I put it in my buying list...but the problem here that I liked and loved all of your recommendations ...Cheers

Reactions: arzachel
really? AvB is one of the most popular djs in the world now. I thought it would be easy to find his stuff anywhere. I like a lot of other djs more than I like AvB (Sasha, Digweed, Nick Warren, Danny Howells etc.), but he was really good when I saw him spin at a beach party in Istanbul two months ago.