What Music Have You Bought Recently?

The orchestration and the singing is definitely modern. There are some occasional hints at medieval style of singing, though.

The orchestration and the singing is definitely modern. There are some occasional hints at medieval style of singing, though.

oh, shame I was hoping to hear a Medieval composition, do you have any rec's for that era :).

I am listening to the Monteverdi Madrigals right now, they are amazing, also I find the lack of orchestration to be agreeable, it is very calm and serene

Arrived yesterday:
arcturus_dvd.jpg

oh, shame I was hoping to hear a Medieval composition, do you have any rec's for that era :).

i had a recommendation in here for perotin. a recording of hildegard von bingen's compositions could also be good along with this. for instrumental music from the era i could recommend jordi savall's la lira d'esparia. his performance is again very enjoyable in this recording.

btw, i recently bought the gathering's "a sound relief" dvd.

Went on a shopping spree last week and bought a bunch of shred CD's i used to love when i was a young lad without money and napster, and a couple new ones. Laugh at will (i still love this shit, i just recently realized).

Borislav Mitic - Fantasy
Tony MacAlpine - Maximum Security
Kiko Loureiro - No Gravity
Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom
Greg Howe - Five
Greg Howe - Ascend
Greg Howe - Introspection
Greg Howe - Hyperacuity
Bret Garsed - Big Sky
George Bellas - Venomous Fingers
Vinnie Moore - The Maze
Racer X - Street Lethal
Racer X - Second Heat
Patrick Rondat - Rape Of The Earth
Patrick Rondat - An Ephemeral World
Alejandro Silva - Dios Eol
Andy Timmons - That Was Then, This Is Now
Cosmosquad - S/T
Cosmosquad - Squadrophenia

sssssshhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd

I don't own any on CD yet, but i'm working on it. For a second there i thought we were still talking about Jeff Kollman... he has a band called Sign For 4... thought maybe you heard it "word of mouth" and confused "sign" for "seven" heehe

Hopefully it's better then his band Edwin Dare!