What Music Have You Bought Recently?

recent non-metal haul:

cover1507_44129

cover1975_17239

B00000413E.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000025QUG.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B00065MDS6.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

good buy on the brahms and part, especially. i haven't even heard of ockeghem before. how did you come across this album? just a random buy at the store?
check out opethforum for j s bach btw.

good buy on the brahms and part, especially. i haven't even heard of ockeghem before. how did you come across this album? just a random buy at the store?
check out opethforum for j s bach btw.

thanks, I am VERY happy about getting these albums

I found out about the Ockeghem Requiem when I was reading on wikipedia, they have a list of Requiems and this was listed as "Oldest Surviving Requiem", very intruiging :) ... Actually I found it on an mp3 website (mp3sugar.com), when I was searching for Brahm's Requiem, then I looked it up on wikipedia...here is the page, here is the wikipedia page on Requiem's

you should definitely listen to berlioz and dvorak's requiems. berlioz's is one of the most majestic choral works ever. faure and verdi's are also important ones. among the more recent ones penderecki and schittke's requiems are the best that i have heard.

i7uomNXl3_9Dc6_fVGbl1aaW5dD58zgKY2kcLQ

Just received this in the mail: Ruth Ann Swenson - Positively Golden ~ Colaratura Arias

Ruth Swenson is an Opera singer with an amazing voice, I am very happy I recieved this cd in the mail, it is amazing

i7uomNXl3_9Dc6_fVGbl1aaW5dD58zgKY2kcLQ

Just received this in the mail: Ruth Ann Swenson - Positively Golden ~ Colaratura Arias

Ruth Swenson is an Opera singer with an amazing voice, I am very happy I recieved this cd in the mail, it is amazing
Never heard, I'll keep an eye her...thanks for sharing.
Do you have Gorecki's Symphony of Sorrowful Songs (3rd)? If not, put that on your most wanted list, I'm pretty sure you would dig it.