What Music Have You Bought Recently?

You're so modest, sir. I'm by no means a regular poster but it seems to me that you've influenced the attitude and opinions of the people on this forum more than Mr. Å has.

Not to mention this forum's bastard offspring at the other "opeth" board.

I think some people from this forum AND Opethforum try too hard to be ''musically mature'', i mean, if you say: ''i like Alice in Chains'' or something they will ask you if you are 16 years old or something, which is, a bit ridiculous, lbh...it is like they feel obliged to like every classic/progressive rock band and dismiss any ''cliche'' modern rock band just because it is cool to be like that, in other words, it is retarded elitism. Maybe NFU is right when he says people are emulating Mike's tastes, but it is also nice to remind people that Mike and NFU aren't the endless sources of musical information, btw NFU you seem to like every band that Mike loves more than anyone here, and you seem to be very worried about people liking Scott Walker and stuff, and the truth is that most of the people from this forum really disliked The Drift.

again...my "persona" was an act on here, i figured all of you knew that by now. sure, i may have recommended a lot of bands that mike also enjoys, but the context of this forum is why it seemed so linear. could you imagine the backlash if i had put "np: AFI" or "np: killswitch engage" right after i was telling people to check out caravan? nobody would have taken it seriously. all acting aside though, my ONLY criteria ever has been that im a huge music fan in general. my enjoyment comes and goes in phases much like everyones, some lasting longer than others...but the urge to help people expand their horizons has been the single major constant for me. anyway...ive never said i was the end of the line for music knowledge...but i never hear too many other people chiming in here with bands most of everyone hasnt heard yet either. in fact, i think mumblefood is the only guy on here whos music knowledge has truly encouraged my own motivations. but thats because hes into a lot of music i havent discovered yet.

i just want people to listen to what they want, and if i can help expand some boundaries in the meantime, then thats swell. theres too many "SERIOUS" elitists on this forum now for me to keep up the charade anymore...its tired and redundant, lifes too short. and i frankly just dont care anymore.

Hekel: "De Dodenvaart"

hekeldoden.gif

and what kind of music/band is that? sounds like a dutch band...

Just order from Amazon

d551434s566.jpg

Angelica - Angelica: "A Fantastic Opera Perfomance Combined with Modern Guitar and Electronic Arrangements. Featuring Eric Johnson, Steve Vai, Dweezil Zappa, David Foster and Others."

B000002RTG.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1115754436_.jpg

B00007G1UB.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1131044590_.jpg

Wthfs? NFU... you're whole "this is my mtp thread, and I will choose what to post and you will worship" and everything on this forum was a charade? You're now suddenly into more than just progressive stuff? Holy crap. Earth shattering. Do you like power metal now? (seriously, though, cause I love me some power metal and can share some good bands with you)

I'm going to Best Buy tonight and am going to go a little crazy with Christmas money.

Again, NFU, I'm serious. I'm not "prodding." I'm just a little confused.

NFU likes AFI, WTF! Acromania!
I recently bought Turn Loose the Swans by MDB. Also Hate, Congregate, Dominate, Eliminate by The Project Hate MCMXCIV (didn't even look up the numeral).

Wthfs? NFU... you're whole "this is my mtp thread, and I will choose what to post and you will worship" and everything on this forum was a charade? You're now suddenly into more than just progressive stuff? Holy crap. Earth shattering. Do you like power metal now? (seriously, though, cause I love me some power metal and can share some good bands with you)

I'm going to Best Buy tonight and am going to go a little crazy with Christmas money.

Again, NFU, I'm serious. I'm not "prodding." I'm just a little confused.

uhh...you thought i only like progressive music? wow

You just never talked about it. I had no idea. You mentioned other stuff, not just progressive. Like, your love of Joan Baez. I dunno. I guess I'm just retarded.

You just purchased Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon, you MUST be retarded....Hahahaa

actually I have purchased that album when it came out when I didn't know how much they sucked, when I was trying to buy all the new releases and stuff, but it is quite terrible