What Music Have You Bought Recently?

K0982.jpg

My first step of getting myself an own drumkit.
Been borrowing the old drums at my old school.
And at home I have a Digital Drumkit.

i bought a sabian ride the other day, second hand and only $300! sounds awesome too... classic rock feel. i have a crappy $500 dxp kit but its fine to build my shit up on.

THOUGHT CHAMBER - Angular Perceptions
BOKOR - Anomia1
VITALIJ KUPRIJ - Glacial Inferno & Revenge
EMPYRIOS - And The Rest Is Silence

John McLaughlin - Extrapolation
Georges Gurdjieff/Thomas De Hartmann - Chercheurs de vérité (Alain Kremski, piano)
Gyorgy Ligeti - Cello, Violin, Piano Concertos (Ensemble InterContemporain, Pierre Boulez)

Katatonia - Discouraged Ones (re-issue)
Samson - Head On
Blaze - Silicon Messiah
Sentenced - Buried Alive (bought the CD, ordered the DVD. Been waiting to see it since I first heard about the gig, something like two months before it happened)

soundave, the Atheist one must have been pretty expensive...how much??

Well, 2 things:

1. They've re-released the Atheist stuff on Relapse (with all sorts of bonus tracks and shit)

2. I subscribe to eMusic, and they have it on eMusic, so I downloaded it. It costs me $10 a month, so it was actually pretty cheap. I got like 4 albums for ten bucks...

Seriously, though, eMusic is pretty awesome. Yeah, I wish I had the artwork and all, but what I REALLY want on a regular basis is music, so I'm willing to sacrifice. They have a good promotional free trial deal. If you're gonna do it, PM me and I'll email you an invite (so I can get free tunes.... :)

Well, 2 things:

1. They've re-released the Atheist stuff on Relapse (with all sorts of bonus tracks and shit)

2. I subscribe to eMusic, and they have it on eMusic, so I downloaded it. It costs me $10 a month, so it was actually pretty cheap. I got like 4 albums for ten bucks...

Seriously, though, eMusic is pretty awesome. Yeah, I wish I had the artwork and all, but what I REALLY want on a regular basis is music, so I'm willing to sacrifice. They have a good promotional free trial deal. If you're gonna do it, PM me and I'll email you an invite (so I can get free tunes.... :)
If I understood you correctly, you can download 4 full albums for 10$? That's crazy! Is this legal?

Btw, have you checked out the latest MDB album yet?

If I understood you correctly, you can download 4 full albums for 10$? That's crazy! Is this legal?

Btw, have you checked out the latest MDB album yet?

Yes, it's legal. I wouldn't do it otherwise. I feel pretty strongly about supporting the artists I like. It's a subscription service, so I pay $9.99 a month to be able to DL 40 tracks. The rates have changed, but I locked into the $9.99 rate by switching to paying yearly instead of month by month. Now if you join, I think you can get 30 per month for $9.99. Plus a bonus free 50 DL's, no strings attached just for trying it out. It's a great service: high quality MP3's (highest bitrate of all MP3 services like Napster or iTunes, etc.), great ways of discovering new music, and no DRM crap! And once you DL something, you can DL it again an unlimited amount of times (like if your HD dies or your computer is stolen, etc.).

I apologize for sounding like a fucking commercial, but I really dig it. It's how I manage to get any music these days, and they're always getting new stuff. Check it out.

@Sadguru: All I've heard is the track you offered me! I love it btw. But, sadly, not on eMusic....yet. The single is, oddly. And I have to say that ATFW is sooooo good. Been listening to that a lot lately. 34.788% is interesting, certainly a departure. Not bad, but my least favorite thus far I think. Though, Iliked it more the 3rd time I listened, so maybe it's a grower...

Yes, it's legal. I wouldn't do it otherwise. I feel pretty strongly about supporting the artists I like. It's a subscription service, so I pay $9.99 a month to be able to DL 40 tracks. The rates have changed, but I locked into the $9.99 rate by switching to paying yearly instead of month by month. Now if you join, I think you can get 30 per month for $9.99. Plus a bonus free 50 DL's, no strings attached just for trying it out. It's a great service: high quality MP3's (highest bitrate of all MP3 services like Napster or iTunes, etc.), great ways of discovering new music, and no DRM crap! And once you DL something, you can DL it again an unlimited amount of times (like if your HD dies or your computer is stolen, etc.).

I apologize for sounding like a fucking commercial, but I really dig it. It's how I manage to get any music these days, and they're always getting new stuff. Check it out.

@Sadguru: All I've heard is the track you offered me! I love it btw. But, sadly, not on eMusic....yet. The single is, oddly. And I have to say that ATFW is sooooo good. Been listening to that a lot lately. 34.788% is interesting, certainly a departure. Not bad, but my least favorite thus far I think. Though, Iliked it more the 3rd time I listened, so maybe it's a grower...
Sounds cool man. I'm really thinking about subscribing to that emusic. If I do, I'll let you know so you can get some free download.

About the new MDB, I was asking you because I personally think it's half good, half bad. I'm curious what other thinks about the second half. And have you checked out LAtEotW yet?

Opeth - Morningrise
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Nightingale - Nightfall Ouverture
Nightingale - Alive Again
NIghtingale - Invisible
Paatos - Kallocain
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
Rush - Moving Pictures
Genesis - Selling England By The Pounds