What Music Have You Bought Recently?

Ten SiSi said:
Crimson II. ONe of Swano's better records. But I can't help but think this album is just the death metal version of Diabolical Masquerade.

thats not really saying much. swano probably squanders his modest talents and spreads himself thin more than any other musician i can think of at the moment. :erk:

Well even though Swano's projects have been quite mediocre, I do believe he's got quite an ear for music and could do something great, if only he settles down and matures in atleast one genre.

affinityband said:
I was very dissapointed with character to be honest. Its a pity they turned like that really. The Gallery is definatley the best DT album ive heard.

Character is my first DT record and I found it in the "Used" CD bin for $5.99. I definately didn't find it a waste of cash.... I actually know next to nothing about the band and certainly didn't have any expectations going in. I'll keep my eye out for "The Gallery" though. Thanks for the tip.

Zed Leppelin said:
Crimson & Crimson II are some of the most enjoyable death metal records ever.
Stop talking shit! Dan > you.

talking shit would be calling him a no talent hack. i was saying he spreads himself too thin and cant focus on anything long enough to make it above average. and the crimson records are probably 2 exceptions in the swano catalog, so bringing those up doesnt exactly disprove my theory.

purgatory afterglow is above average, so is moontower. i haven't really gotten into pan thy monium yet, but at least the idea seems to be good.

derbeder said:
purgatory afterglow is above average, so is moontower. i haven't really gotten into pan thy monium yet, but at least the idea seems to be good.

edge of sanity shouldnt REALLY count, it was a band situation...not a swano tangent like most of his projects are. but purgatory afterglow is sincerely overrated...and dont even get me started on moontower...although uncreation is a pretty tasty track for what it is.

moontower isn't good, it's just above average. i don't really have a soft spot for it. purgatory afterglow i like.

Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer - Music for Two

Hate Eternal - I, Monarch

Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast remaster

Tool - 10k Days

next ones in line:

some King Crimson

the latest Katatonia

possibly Stupid Dream remaster

NineFeetUnderground said:
zombi_cover.jpg

I just bought that album a couple days ago (at the Relapse retail store actually). I really like it. Have you heard their other album (Cosmos)? If so, is it worth looking into?

Also, today I finally got David Gilmour - On An Island.

Lost_Orchid said:
I just bought that album a couple days ago (at the Relapse retail store actually). I really like it. Have you heard their other album (Cosmos)? If so, is it worth looking into?

Also, today I finally got David Gilmour - On An Island.

yes, ive have cosmos, although its not quite as good. more atmospheric, less driving. but both are great. id definitely recommend checking out their EP too...the song "sapphire" might be their best track actually...and its exclusive to that EP.

NineFeetUnderground said:
yes, ive have cosmos, although its not quite as good. more atmospheric, less driving. but both are great. id definitely recommend checking out their EP too...the song "sapphire" might be their best track actually...and its exclusive to that EP.

Sounds good. I'll have to look into Cosmos and the EP.