What Music Have You Bought Recently?

200px-Portishead_dummy.jpg

B000H0MKGK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000005H7D.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

How's it compare to Funeral?

i haven't listened to Funeral in a little while so it's hard for me to really put it in context, so i won't attempt to... but Neon Bible is great. people keep saying Arcade Fire are to be the equivalence of the next Radiohead

whats that sound like?

Its pretty much all guitar. Some soundscape kinda moments, but with a lot of beautiful post-rock style guitar parts as well. I was kinda nervous about buying it, but Its surprisingly good. Very similar to Red Sparowes at times (the guy who plays pedal steel for them plays on the first track). Definitely check it out: http://www.mgrsounds.com/

Sister Marie Keyrouz - Chants Sacres Melchites; Chants Byzantin
Schoenberg - A Survivor from Warsaw, Van de Vate - Katyn/Krakow Concerto & Penderecki - Dies Irae
Shura Cherkassy plays Frank, Grieg, Messiaen & Rachmaninov
Jan Garbarek/The Hilliard Ensemble - Officium

5 cds for $11. :yeay:

Last ones I finally bought:

Morte Macabre - Symphonic Holocaust
Shora - Malval
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
Radiohead - Kid A
The End - Elementary

Its pretty much all guitar. Some soundscape kinda moments, but with a lot of beautiful post-rock style guitar parts as well. I was kinda nervous about buying it, but Its surprisingly good. Very similar to Red Sparowes at times (the guy who plays pedal steel for them plays on the first track). Definitely check it out: http://www.mgrsounds.com/

sounds tasty... i might have to look into that.

Post rock mania!

Just got:
Mogwai - Zidane-A 21st Century Portrait
Mogwai - Mr. Beast
Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

6a00c225264b96604a00c225276398549d-320pi

Tortoise - "A Lazarus Taxon" boxset

3 CDs + 1 DVD. that's 3 hours of music on the CDs, along with most of their music videos and over 2 hours of live footage on the DVD. it costs $18 brand new. you can't fuggin beat that. that's unheard of. it'd cost you over $18 to buy 1 copy of a new Britney Spears album at a mall

^huh?

forgot to mention, bought VAST - bisual audio sensory theater again today. 3rd copy. my mate managed to spill a peice of pasta on the upturned cd... then proceeded to try and pick it up with his fork...:bah: